Hey, it’s here — the S-Off tool for HTC Incredible S.
HTC really upset many fans — *ahem* the loyal ones — by locking down the bootloaders of its latest Android phones — Incredible S, Thunderbolt, some HTC Sensations, etc. but even though HTC has accepted its mistake and have promised to not lock the bootloaders in the models that will be shipped now, those who have already purchased the bootloaders-locked phones are facing great trouble hacking their locked phones.
Until now, no one was able to hack Incredible S and be able to put the Security to Off mode — the S-Off. But it looks like those days are gone and one can S-Off his/her/theirs/anybody’s Incredible S — which is great if you want root access, ClockWorkMod Recovery, custom themes, custom ROMs, etc. fun stuff — the Android fun.
Oh, we almost forgot to (how could we, huh!) mention and give proper credits to the developer team who brought the S-Off for Incredible S to us — the AlphaRev team. What’s more, it’s said that the hack works on both Froyo (Android 2.2) and Gingerbread (Android 2.3) Incredible S phones. So, don’t worry if you just updated your Incredible S to Gingerbread via OTA update.
[warning]The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to you or your device, we won’t be held liable. You only will be responsible — you’ve been warned. Okay![/warning]
TO DOWNLOAD THE TOOL (the AlphaRevX tool mentioned in step 5 below) AND SUCCESSFULLY INSTALL THE S-OFF, THIS PAGE (mentioned in step 7 below, too) IS WHERE YOU NEED TO GO TO.
Oh! before you jump from your sofa or wherever you are, do read these WARNINGS from the AlphaRev team about this Public Open Beta software to attain S-Off on Incredible S:
*** Public Open Beta has now started. ***
This is the public open beta. All devices included in this release have been pretested.
Please note that bugs could still be present, but if you’re willing to accept the risks,
please download the applicable binary and generate a beta key through the below application form.
Please note that this beta-round could be withdrawn at any moment if safety concerns arise (e.g. bricks).
The beta key mechanism is there to protect users from bricking their devices if there are bugs present.
If you want to S-Off your Incredible S, here is what you need to do (thanks to nikhil007mmus):
1. Settings->Power->Uncheck Fastboot
2. Run latest version of HTC Sync on your PC and connect phone in HTC Sync mode and sync all your files.Remove HTC Sync and not the drivers ..
3. Reboot phone.
4. Settings->Applications->Development->Check USB Debugging
5. Run AlphaRevX and connect phone to PC in Charge Only mode
6. AlphaRevX should recognise your phone and show your Device Serial number, typically it should be something like HTXXETDXXXXX
7. Now type this out in the AlphaRevX page, the Key Generator appears only after you click the ‘Download for Windows’ link
8. Type out the key in the AlphaRevX software, keeping in mind the upper and lower case letters and press enter
9. AlphaRevX should start doing its thing and I got S-OFF at my first attempt in under 90 seconds
10. If it takes longer, just wait for the 15 minutes mark, if nothing, then reboot phone and retry. Some members got S-OFF after multiple tries
*After a successfull S-OFF
for : fastboot wait device
power on ur phone pressing volume down + power button ..
run the neccessary commands on windows cmd prompt , when it shows wait for device
then click on fastboot on the phone’s screen . here click is enabled by pressing the power button !!
* Make sure you have disabled your antivirus and firewall !!
On windows7 if UAC is enable make sure you right click and run it as administrator
Note: You can download the HTC Sync from HTC’s website under the downloads section in the support section of your phone. Installing HTC Sync will also install the drivers. If you’ve drivers for incredible S already, forget this. Sync your phone with the HTC Sync to have a backup. Remove the Sync then, without removing the drivers.