- HTC Desire C TWRP Recovery — Link | File: twrp-184.108.40.206-golfu.img (5.7 MB)
- SuperSU Root package — Link | File: UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
→ Check the official page here for the newer version of TWRP recovery, if any, which may already have fixed the bugs mentioned above.
- HTC Desire C, codename golfu
- Don’t try this one any other device!
Important: Check your device’s model no. on free Android app called Droid Info. If you see the model no. and codename mentioned above in the app, then use this recovery, otherwise not. BTW, you can check model no. device’s packaging box too.
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Backup important files stored on your device before proceeding with the steps below, so that in case something goes wrong you’ll have backup of all your important files.
Step 1. Unlock the bootloader on your HTC Desire C. The guide linked here is not for Desire C, but the procedure remains exactly same, so follow it to unlock bootloader of your Desire C without hesitation.
Step 2. Install ADB drviers.
Step 3. Install HTC Desire C drivers.
Step 4. On Desire C, enable USB debugging. For this:
- Go to Settings > About phone, and then tap ‘Build number’ 7 times to unlock developer options.
- Go back to Settings, then choose now visible ‘Developer options’. Find the ‘USB debugging’ option and use its toggle button to enable it. Accept warning by tapping on OK button.
Step 5. Connect your Desire C to PC now. You will get a pop-up as shown below on your phone when you connect for the first time after enabling USB debugging. Select ‘Always allow from this computer’ checkbox and then tap on OK button.
Step 6. Download the Desire C TWRP recovery from above. And also the SuperSU file that will be used to Root the device. Transfer the SuperSU file to PC.
Step 7. Rename the recovery file, from twrp-golfu.img, to a simple one, desire-c-twrp.img
Step 8. Now, open command window in the folder where you have the desire-c-twrp.img file. For this:
- Left click on empty white space in the folder.
- Now, while holding shift key, right click on empty white space to get a pop-up as shown below.
- Now choose Open command window here option from that.
You will see a command window open up, with location directed to folder where you have the twrp recovery file.
Step 9. Boot your HTC Desire C into Bootloader mode:
- Power off your device and wait for 5-10 seconds until the device is fully switched off.
- Press and hold Power and Volume down together until see white screen. This is bootloader mode.
- Scroll between options using volume buttons to reach the option FASTBOOT, and then use Power button to select it.
- Next, connect your Desire C to PC, and the FASTBOOT text should change to FASTBOOT USB.
Step 10. Test whether fastboot is working alright. in the command window, type the following and then hit enter key. (You can also copy paste the commands.)
Upon this, you should get a serial no. with fastboot written after it. If you don’t get fastboot written on cmd window, then it means you need to reinstall adb and fastboot drivers, or change restart PC, or use original USB cable.
Step 11. Flash Desire C TWRP recovery now. Use the following command for that.
fastboot flash recovery desire-c-twrp.img
Step 12. TWRP recovery will now be installed on your HTC Desire. Go to recovery mode to use TWRP and root your device.
- Go back to HBOOT screen. You’re still in FASTBOOT mode, so, move the selection to HBOOT (if not already) and then press power button.
- On HBOOT screen, move the selection to RECOVERY option, and then select it using power button. Device will reboot into recovery mode.
Step 13. [Optional] You will see TWRP recovery. Now, you must take a full backup of your phone, including system partition. In TWRP, tap on Backup, and then select all partitions. Then do the swipe action at bottom to start the backup process.
Step 14. To Root, tap on Install button, and then browse and select the SuperSU file. Then on next screen, do the Swipe action at bottom to flash the root package.
Step 15. Tap on Reboot System to restart the device. That’s it.
And let us know if you need any help with this. Use the comment section below.