If you are looking to update your Sony Xperia Z2 to latest Lollipop update firmware v23.1.A.1.28, and want to keep root access and the DUAL Recovery installed, look no further than the custom ROM based on stock Lollipop update we’ve got below. The ROM is based on latest firmware v23.1.A.1.28, and is pre-rooted, plus has the locked dual recovery.
For advanced Android users, it’s a given that they are all into root and recovery stuff. And as much as we enjoy it, it becomes a slight cause of concern to when one is looking to install the latest of updates, which breaks root and removes recovery for the most part. Thus we always try to share the stock firmware in untouched form like this one, except for the addition of root and recovery, a must for your customization needs.
Before you march forward to latest Lollipop update for your Sony Xperia Z2, know that this ROM is compatible with model no. D6503 only — and no other device whatsoever. So, do check it in your phone’s settings or on box before attempting to install this firmware. Credits for the ROM goes to nokian70.
- Rooted Xperia Z2 Lollipop update (1.26 GB) | Filename: flashable.zip
- SONY Xperia Z2, model no. D6503
- Don’t try on any other device whatsoever
Warning: Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Backup necessary stuff. In case your device is wiped off, it’s good to have backup of contacts, photos, videos and other files. Hence, create a backup of important stuff in your phone right away.
- Download the ROM from above, and transfer it to phone’s storage. Remember the location where you put it.
- Make sure you’ve got a custom recovery like TWRP, CWM or Philz installed on your Sony Xperia Z2. For help, check this page.
- Reboot into recovery mode. Once you’ve installed the recovery as mentioned on the page linked above, do this to boot into recovery mode:
- Power off your Xperia Z2.
- Power on the device but be sure to press the Volume Down button when you see green LED light flashing (phone will also vibrate).
(Btw, you can also press Volume up in place of volume down to boot into Philz touch recovery if that’s more to your liking.)
- Make a backup. Once in TWRP recovery, take a backup of your current ROM. Select Backup, then do a “Swipe to Back Up” on the bottom of the screen. Wait for the backup to finish, it’s a time consuming process.
- Wipe your device. Once the backup is finished, do this: tap on Wipe, then Advanced wipe, and then select Cache, Dalvik/ART cache and Data. Then do the “Swipe to wipe” at bottom to ready the device for ROM flashing by erasing the cache, dalvik cache and data in one shot.
- Install ROM now. Go back to the main menu of TWRP recovery and select Install. Navigate to the file where you saved your ROM’s zip file, select it and “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen. Now wait until the flashing process finishes.
- Go to back to recovery’s Main menu, select Reboot » select System.
Device will restart and you will have the latest Xperia Z2 Lollipop update firmware v23.1.A.1.28 running, that’s pre-rooted, and your phone also has dual recovery (TWRP and CWM) installed.
That’s it. Let us know if you know any help with TWRP recovery installation or anything with update process, via comments section below.