Usually with bootloader unlockable devices, you have to unlock bootloader first to be able to root the device. But it seems there is a hack available for YU Yuphoria that lets you root without unlocking the bootloader first, thus saving your warranty from getting void. That’s a double treat — root ka root, warranty bhi saved!
Ha, that was first time I used Hindi in blog writing, but anyway, the method to to achieve YU Yuphoria root without breaking warranty is dead easy too. Luckily, and thanks to someshthakur, you have a toolkit to help with this. That means you do no dirty work of issuing commands to reboot the phone in fastboot mode or flash anything, all of which is handled by automated script of toolkit.
Yes, that also means that you can still take OTA updates as and when they shower on you — although, of course, you will lose root access upon taking OTA.
How to Root YU Yuphoria
- Yuphoria Root Toolkit | File: Root without UBL.zip (3.9 MB)
- YU Yuphoria
- Don’t try on any other Android device
Warning: Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Backup necessary stuff. In case your device is wiped off while following the guide below, it’s good to have a backup of contacts, photos, videos and other files already saved on PC.
- Make sure you have ADB and fastboot drivers installed.
- Also make sure you have USB debugging enabled on your Yuphoria. For this:
- Go to Settings > About phone, and then tap ‘Build number’ 7 times.
- Go back to Settings, then choose now visible ‘Developer options’.
- Find the ‘USB debugging’ option and use its toggle button to enable it. Accept warning by tapping on OK button.
- Connect your phone to PC now. You will get a pop-up as shown below on your phone when you connect for the first time after enabling USB debugging.
- Tap on OK button on the above pop-up to accept warning.
- Reboot your Yuphoria to Fastboot Mode. For this, simply open a command window on PC, and then type run the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- You should see a black screen with Fastboot written. Connect your device to PC now.
- Download the toolkit from above and extract it on PC using a software like 7-zip.
- You’ll get two folders, ignore META-INF folder, and go into ‘Root without UBL’ folder.
- Run the root.bat by double clicking on it.
- Follow the little instructions on PC’s screen, and in no time, you will have root access on your device. While bootloader is still untouched, and warranty application.
That’s it. Need any help? Let us know via comments below.