How To Root XWJVH Android 2.3.3 ROM for Galaxy S i9000
Allright! here’s the guide for rooting XWJVH. I’ve not made any new video for this guide as the rooting process is similar to previous ROM (XWJVB).
[info]This guide is applicable only for Samsung’s Galaxy S international version (i9000). If yours is Vibrant/Captivate/Fascinate/Epic 4G or any other Galaxy S variant, then this ROM — and Guide — is not for you, and that’s for definite.[/info]
[warning]The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to you or your device, we won’t be held liable. You only will be responsible — you’ve been warned. Okay![/warning]
CF-Root Installation Video:
So here’s what you need to do to root your XWJVH Android 2.3.3 Firmware for Galaxy S:
- Download CF-Root kernel. File name – CF-Root-XW_NEE_JVH-v3.2-CWM3RFS.zip. Download Link [Link updated]
- Unzip the above file. You will get the .tar file – “CF-Root-XW_NEE_JVH-v3.2-CWM3RFS.tar”. We will be flashing this .tar file using ODIN to gain root access and install the CWM alongside.
- Download Odin. File name – Odin3 v1.7. Download Link. Extract the zip file to get Odin3 1.7.exe. Run Odin by double clicking on it.
- Switch Off your phone. Wait for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Boot your phone in Download Mode — Press and hold “VolumeDOWN + HOME key + POWER button” together.
- Connect your phone to PC now. You’ll notice “Added! !” message in the message box.
- On Odin, click the “PDA” box and select the .tar file you got in step 2 — CF-Root-XW_NEE_JVH-v3.2-CWM3RFS.tar
- Do NOT select any “.pit” file in the “PIT” box, and make sure “Repartition” button is NOT checked.
- Leave the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” buttons checked.
- Double check Step 7, 8 & 9.
- Click the Start button on Odin to begin installing the CF Root kernel.
- After the CF Root is installed, phone will restart.
- Your phone is rooted now. Note that surperuser app is there.
ClockworkMod [CWM] Recovery:
To boot into ClockworkMod Recovery — power Off your phone completely and then, press and hold (till Galaxy S logo appears): VolumeUP+HOME+POWER. You’ll enter the CWM recovery. You can use this to:
- Backup your ROMs
- Restore backed up ROMs
- Delete Backups
- Flash update.zip files
- Flash custom themes
- Flash kernels (zImage, zImage in TAR, zImage in ZIP, zImage in TAR in ZIP)
CF-Root kernel was created by XDA dev Chainfire, you can visit his original post here. And if you feel like supporting him, use donate button below:
[button link="http://forum.xda-developers.com/donatetome.php?u=631273" icon="" style=""]Donate Chainfire[/button]
So that was it. You can use the comment box below to share your happiness and problems ;)