How To Root XWJVH Android 2.3.3 ROM for Galaxy S i9000
Allright! here’s the guide for rooting XWJVH. I’ve not made any new video for this guide as the rooting process is similar to previous ROM (XWJVB).
[info]This guide is applicable only for Samsung’s Galaxy S international version (i9000). If yours is Vibrant/Captivate/Fascinate/Epic 4G or any other Galaxy S variant, then this ROM — and Guide — is not for you, and that’s for definite.[/info]
CF-Root Installation Video:
So here’s what you need to do to root your XWJVH Android 2.3.3 Firmware for Galaxy S:
- Download CF-Root kernel. File name – CF-Root-XW_NEE_JVH-v3.2-CWM3RFS.zip. Download Link [Link updated]
- Unzip the above file. You will get the .tar file – “CF-Root-XW_NEE_JVH-v3.2-CWM3RFS.tar”. We will be flashing this .tar file using ODIN to gain root access and install the CWM alongside.
- Download Odin. File name – Odin3 v1.7. Download Link. Extract the zip file to get Odin3 1.7.exe. Run Odin by double clicking on it.
- Switch Off your phone. Wait for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Boot your phone in Download Mode — Press and hold “VolumeDOWN + HOME key + POWER button” together.
- Connect your phone to PC now. You’ll notice “Added! !” message in the message box.
- On Odin, click the “PDA” box and select the .tar file you got in step 2 — CF-Root-XW_NEE_JVH-v3.2-CWM3RFS.tar
- Do NOT select any “.pit” file in the “PIT” box, and make sure “Repartition” button is NOT checked.
- Leave the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” buttons checked.
- Double check Step 7, 8 & 9.
- Click the Start button on Odin to begin installing the CF Root kernel.
- After the CF Root is installed, phone will restart.
- Your phone is rooted now. Note that surperuser app is there.
ClockworkMod [CWM] Recovery:
To boot into ClockworkMod Recovery — power Off your phone completely and then, press and hold (till Galaxy S logo appears): VolumeUP+HOME+POWER. You’ll enter the CWM recovery. You can use this to:
- Backup your ROMs
- Restore backed up ROMs
- Delete Backups
- Flash update.zip files
- Flash custom themes
- Flash kernels (zImage, zImage in TAR, zImage in ZIP, zImage in TAR in ZIP)
CF-Root kernel was created by XDA dev Chainfire, you can visit his original post here. And if you feel like supporting him, use donate button below:
[button link=”http://forum.xda-developers.com/donatetome.php?u=631273″ icon=”” style=””]Donate Chainfire[/button]
So that was it. You can use the comment box below to share your happiness and problems ;)