Root has been available for Xiaomi Mi 4i for long time, but that required you to install a developer edition ROM. And that was a bit tedious job. Now, thanks to the tool we’ve got to share with you, you can easily and quickly root your Xiaomi Mi 4i on firmware currently installed, and that too in a matter of minutes. The root tool is in complete Chinese though, but it’s not difficult to figure your way out of it, and anyway, we’re here to help you with a guide that takes care of everything you need to know.
To root Mi 4i, make sure you have the original USB cable. And the USB2.0 port is preferred over 3.0 one, for reasons unknown. The root tool is a Windows program file (.exe) and you just have to run it and it shall do the job automatically requiring minimum of inputs from your side. Credit for the root goes to 超哥少爷, thanks!
Let’s see how to root Mi 4i using one click root tool on Windows.
- Mi 4i One Click Root tool (10.9 MB) | File: 小米4i一键root工具muzisoft-tcl-mmd3S-root-20150524.exe
- Xiaomi Mi 4i
- May work on other Xiaomi devices too, but nothing is confirmed as of now
- Don’t try on any other device whatsoever
Warning: Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Backup necessary stuff. In case your device is wiped off, it’s good to have backup of contacts, photos, videos and other files. Hence, create a backup of important stuff in your phone right away.
- Install ADB drivers on your PC.
- Power on your Mi 4i and connect it to PC using the USB cable. (USB2.0 is preferred over 3.0, btw.)
- Download the root tool from above.
- Run the root tool by double clicking on it. Disable the antivirus first if that causes problem.
- You’ll get a command window with text in Chinese.
- Type 1, and then hit enter key.
- Mi 4i will automatically reboot into fastboot mode.
- Now, you can wait for 5 minutes or so to let phone automatically get blue Android screen, or you can try yourself. For that, disconnect the phone from PC for like 2 seconds and then connect it back to PC. Simply unplug the cable for 2 seconds and then plug it back in. That should get the Mi 4i to blue Android screen as shown below.
- The Mi 4i Root tool will do its job and then in about 10 seconds, it will be done flashing the SuperSU package.
- When done, root tool will automatically reboot your Mi 4i. Check the Super SU app in the app drawer.
- Confirm root access using a root checker app from the play store. Open the app, and tap on ‘Verify Root Status’ to find root access. Grant it permission when a pop-up shows up.
That’s all about Xiaomi Mi 4i root. Enjoy!
Do let us know if you need any help over this via comments section below.