How To Root HTC Sensation XL [GUIDE]
The recently launched HTC Sensation XL has finally received a permanent root for devices with unlocked boot loader, that means if you’ve not unlocked your Sensation XL’s boot loader yet, then you’ll only have a temporary root on your phone which will be removed once your phone is rebooted.
To root your HTC Sensation XL you will need a few applications and files:
- The most important, the root kit/tools, which you can downloaded from here
- The necessary drivers which you can get from here
Now here’s the rooting procedure:
- Enable USB debugging on your device from Settings > Applications > Development
- Plug your device to your pc via the usb cable, make sure its in “Charge Only” mode
- Open and extract the ‘downloaded .zip’ file and click “Runme.bat”
- As mentioned earlier this is only a temporary root if your phone’s boot loader is locked, so you will need to do the procedure all over if you reboot your phone.
- To get the best out of the root, update the Superuser app, and then update binaries via super user update fix app from android market