- S-Off HTC Inspire 4G (guide here)
- SD Card Inserted
- RUU to stock 2.2.1 v1.8 (download link & guide here)
- Gingerbreak v1.2 downloaded on your SD Card (from here)
- Working Wi-Fi connection
- Switch OFF your phone, and RUU to stock 2.2.1 v1.8 (download link & guide here)
- Boot your phone and setup a Wi-Fi connection.
- Go to settings, select “AT&T Software Update”, then select “HTC Wi-Fi Software Update”.
- Download and install, and reboot the phone.
- Now install Gingerbreak v1.2 from your SD Card and open it. And root your phone. It might crash the HTC Sense launcher, just force close it, and it gives you an error like it could not reboot phone, then switch off your phone using the power button.
- Switch it ON again, and if now during the boot you see a picture of a phone and a red mark, then remove the battery and reboot again.
- Once booted you’ll have Root access on your on your (check for Superuser app in your app drawer)
- Now first thing you should do is go to the Market and download “Busybox Installer” (here’s a link to the market)
- To install custom Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery. Search for “ROM Manager” in market and install it. And then flash Recovery from the app.
Let us know if you need any help over this.