Doing a factory reset on OnePlus 2 is easy, and you can do it either using Settings, or if the phone is not responding, then using hardware method. Both of them are discussed below.
Do know that the hardware method is pretty useful when you have forgotten password/pattern/pin to unlock your OnePlus 2 as you cannot access device’s settings in that case.
Method 1: Using Hardware keys
- Reboot into recovery mode of your OnePlus 2. Click the link to get to the procedure.
- Move the selection to wipe data/factory reset using volume buttons.
- Press power button to select that option.
- Confirm it on next screen by choosing Yes.
- That’s it. Device will be formatted.
- When done, select ‘reboot system now’ to restart your OnePlus 2.
Method 2: Using Software (Settings)
- Open the Settings app.
- Find the option ‘Backup and reset’. Tap on it.
- Choose Reset, and continue. Your OnePlus 2 will start and reboot automatically after wiping off all data.
Need help? Let us know.
Other OnePlus 2 Tips: