Accidentally deleted an important file or photo on your Android phone?
Well, bad news is there’s no recycle bin on Android phones like your PCs which you could use to easily recover a deleted from the storage. However, if you’ve root access on your Android phone, then you’ve good chances of recovering that important file, all thanks to DiskDigger app by Defiant Technologies.
The DiskDigger software is a known name among Windows PC users to restore / recover deleted files from disk drives on Windows PCs. However, the DiskDigger Android app isn’t as powerful as its Windows version, it’s still in beta stage and is yet to evolve to be the perfect app to recover files on your Android phone.
Supported recoverable file formats
As DiskDigger for Android is still developing, the app can recover only the three file formats mentioned on your Android phone:
Root access is required!
To be able to recover deleted files, DiskDigger will require root access on your Android phone since Android requires system-level access to the phone’s storage to be able to read and recover deleted files.
So you must first root your Android phone to be able to use DiskDigger to recover deleted files on your phone.
How to Recover files on Android using DiskDigger
- Download and install the app from here → Play store link
- Open the app and give it root permission/access
- Select the partition from where you want to recover files:
- Once you’ve selected the storage you want to scan, tap the “Scan device” button
- Scanning of deleted files may take time. When it’s done you can select the files you want to recover and have them saved back to your phone’s storage OR upload to a FTP server OR email them.
For a detailed guide on how to use the DiskDigger app to recover deleted files on Android, check out this page →