How To Install XXJVO Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread ROM on your Galaxy S
Hey there, here’s the latest leak of Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread for your Galaxy S i9000, XXJVO. Enjoy! Warning: Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. [info]This guide is applicable only for Samsung Galaxy S international version (i9000). If yours is Vibrant/Captivate/Fascinate/Epic 4G or any other Galaxy S variant, then this ROM — and Guide — is not for you, and that’s for definite.[/info]
Like all the previously leaked ROMs, this also came in two versions: one with_bootloaders and the other without_bootloaders. Flashing with_bootloaders version is considered riskier than without_bootloaders. But you have to flash with_bootloaders because this is required by Android 2.3, unless you’ve already done that while installing earlier leaked ROMs — XWJV1, XXJVK, XWJVB or XWJVH. If you haven’t installed JV1, JVK, JVB or JVH with bootloaders before, then you have to install XXJVO with_bootloaders.
The video below shows an installation of the previously leaked XWJVB ROM, but the installation process is same for both the leaked ROMs, so you can refer to this video if you experience problems with flashing.
Follow this step-by-step guide to Install XXJVO Android 2.3.3 ROM on your Galaxy S:
- Download XWJVH with_bootloaders version. File name — GT_I9000_XXJVO_XXJVO_OXAJVO_Sbl.exe. Download Link. Size: 148.47 MB. [If you already have Android 2.3 bootloaders, download XXJVO without_bootloaders version. File name — GT_I9000_XXJVO_XXJVO_OXAJVO.exe. Download Link. Size: 148.25 MB. Apply the procedures below accordingly.]
- Double click ‘GT_I9000_XXJVO_XXJVO_OXAJVO_Sbl.exe’ and select Extract to let the file extract its contents in the folder “GT_I9000_XXJVO_XXJVO_OXAJVO_Sbl” — you’ll get 3 files in this folder:
- Download Odin3 v1.7.zip from here — Mediafire Link. Extract the zip file to get Odin3 v1.7.exe.
- Disconnect your phone if it’s connected to PC.
- Switch Off your phone. Wait for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put it in Download Mode — press and hold these keys together: “Volume_DOWN + Home + Power”.
- Open Odin (from step 3). Connect your phone to PC now. You should get the message “Added! !” under the Odin’s message box.
- Important, uncheck the ‘Re-Partition’ button. While, keep ‘Auto Reboot’ & ‘F. Reset Time’ boxes checked.
- In Odin, place these files (check out the screenshot given at the top for help):
- In the PDA box, select this file (from step 2.2) — PDA_XXJVO_Sbl.tar.md5
- In the Phone box, select this file (from step 2.3) — PHONE_XXJVO.tar.md5
- In the CSC box, select this file (from step 2.1) — CSC_OXAJVO.tar.md5
- Leave the PIT box empty.
- Double check everything said in step 7, 8 and 9 above.
- Now, hit the START button to let the process begin.
- When process at Odin finishes your phone will automatically reboot. You can unplug the cable now.
- When your phone has restarted, you are on the XXJVO running Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread). Congrats!
- Check your phone’s version by here: Press Options -> Settings -> Scroll down and select About Phone -> Scroll down and check your version.
[info]If you experience any problem in installing the ROM with the steps given above, try flashing the ROM again, but with 512 PIT file this time. Download the Pit file from here. Extract the downloaded file to get the Pit File. Then, select the Pit file in Odin’s Pit box this time (step 9.4 above) and keep the ‘Re-Partition’ box (in step 8 above) checked too. All other things same as in steps given above.[/info]
Let us know in comments below how XXJVO Android 2.3.3 ROM works on your Galaxy S (i9000).