How To Install XWJVH on your Galaxy S i9000
[info]This guide is applicable only for Samsung Galaxy S international version (i9000). If yours is Vibrant/Captivate/Fascinate/Epic 4G or any other Galaxy S variant, then this ROM â and Guide â is not for you, and thatâs for definite.[/info]
Like all the previously leaked ROMs, this also came in two versions: one with_bootloaders and the other without_bootloaders. Flashing with_bootloaders version is considered riskier than without_bootloaders. But you have to flash with_bootloaders because this is required by Android 2.3, unless youâve already done that while installing earlier leaked ROMs — XWJV1, XXJVK, XWJVB. If you havenât installed JV1, JVK, JVB with bootloaders before, then you have to install XWJVH with_bootloaders.
The video below shows an installation of the previously leaked XWJVB ROM, but the installation process is same for both the leaked ROMs, so you can refer to this video if you experience problems with flashing.
[youtube video_id=”WuTTctDWW2g” width=”630″ height=”400″ /]
Follow these step-by-step guide to Install XWJVH Android 2.3.3 ROM on your Galaxy S:
- Download XWJVH with_bootloaders version. File name — GT_I9000_XWJVH_XXJVO_NEEJV3_Sbl.exe. Download Link. Â [If you already have Android 2.3 bootloaders, download XWJVH without_bootloaders version. File name — GT_I9000_XWJVH_XXJVO_NEEJV3.exe. Download Link [Link updated. Again!]. Apply the procedures below accordingly.]
- Double click âGT_I9000_XWJVH_XXJVO_NEEJV3_Sbl.exeâ and select Extract to let the file extract its contents in the folder âGT_I9000_XWJVH_XXJVO_NEEJV3_Sblâ — youâll get 3 files in this folder:
- Download Odin3 v1.7.zip from here — Mediafire Link. Extract the zip file to get Odin3 v1.7.exe.
- Disconnect your phone if itâs connected to PC.
- Switch Off your phone. Wait for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put it in Download Mode — press and hold these keys together: âVolume_DOWN + Home + Powerâ.
- Open Odin (from step 3). Connect your phone to PC now. You should get the message âAdded! !â under the Odinâs message box.
- Important, uncheck the âRe-Partitionâ button. While, keep âAuto Rebootâ & âF. Reset Timeâ boxes checked.
- In Odin, place these files (check out the screenshot given at the top for help):
- In the PDA box, select this file (from step 2.2) â PDA_XWJVH_Sbl.tar.md5
- In the Phone box, select this file (from step 2.3) â PHONE_XXJVO.tar.md5
- In the CSC box, select this file (from step 2.1) â CSC_NEE_JV3.tar.md5
- Leave the PIT box empty.
- Double check everything said in step 7, 8 and 9 above.
- Now, hit the START button to let the process begin.
- When process at Odin finishes your phone will automatically reboot. You can unplug the cable now.
- When your phone has restarted, you are on the XWJVH running Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread). Congrats!
- Check your phoneâs version by here: Press Options -> Settings -> Scroll down and select About Phone -> Scroll down and check your version.
[info]If you experience any problem in installing the ROM with the steps given above, try flashing the ROM again, but with 512 PIT file this time. Download the Pit file from here. Extract the downloaded file to get the Pit File. Then, select the Pit file in Odinâs Pit box this time (step 9.4 above) and keep the âRe-Partitionâ box (in step 8 above) checked too. All other things same as in steps given above.[/info]
Let us know in comments below how XWJVH Android 2.3.3 ROM works on your Galaxy S (i9000).