Your love for custom ROMs cannot be complete without a custom recovery, and in TWRP, you have the most popular recovery now a days. For Samsung Galaxy Trend owners, TWRP recovery is now available in version 18.104.22.168. Be sure to check the model no. of your device first, though, it’s need to be either of GT-S7390 or GT-S7392.
Using a TWRP recovery on Galaxy Trend, you can easily create full Nandroid backups so tat if need ever arises of fixing your Galaxy Trend of bootloop issues or anything, you cna use the TWRP recovery again to restore tat backup. Also, flashing custom ROMs is a lot easier too. TWRP recovery is a must have for your Galaxy Trend if you like installing mods and ROMs, which bring a world of customization to you.
- Samsung Galaxy Trend, model no. S7390 and S7392
- Don’t try on any other device whatsoever
→ Check your device’s model no. in Settings > About phone. It has to be one mentioned above. You can also check model no. on the device’s box.
Note: The above TWRP recovery for Galaxy Trend is also available in .zip format (flashable via TWRP/CWM recovery, if you have any installed) and .img format (flashable via app like flashify, if you have root). We have covered the guide using the .tar, linked above, because there are no pre-requisites of root or recovery for this, works well in any case.
Warning: Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Important Note: Backup important files stored on your device before proceeding with the steps below, so that in case something goes wrong, you’ll have backup of all your important files. Chances of data loss are very slim, btw.
- Download Odin, drivers and TWRP recovery file from above.
- Install drivers first of all. Double click the .exe file of drivers to begin installation. (Not required if you have already done this.)
- Extract the Odin file. You should get this file, Odin3 v3.10.6.exe (other files could be hidden, hence not visible).
- Disconnect your Samsung Galaxy Trend from PC if it is connected.
- Boot Galaxy Trend into download mode:
- Power off your device. Wait 6-7 seconds after screen goes off.
- Press and hold the three buttons Volume Down + Power + Home together until you see warning screen.
- Press Volume Up to continue to download mode.
- Double click on extracted file of Odin, Odin3 v3.10.6.exe, to open the Odin window, as shown below. Be careful with Odin, and do just as said to prevent problems.
- Connect your Galaxy Trend to PC now using USB cable. Odin should recognize your device. It’s a must. When it recognizes, you will see Added!! message appearing in the Log box in bottom left, and the first box under ID:COM will also show a no. and turn its background blue. Look at the pic below.
- Load the recovery’s .tar file into Odin. For this, click on the AP button and on the pop-up window, select the .tar file you downloaded above. Make sure you use the AP tab, as shown below.
- Make sure Re-partition checkbox is NOT selected, under the Options tab. Don’t use PIT tab either. Go back to Log tab btw, it will show the progress when you hit start button in next step.
- Click the Start button on Odin now to start flashing the firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Trend. Wait till installation is finished, after which your Galaxy Trend will reboot automatically. You’ll get PASS message as show below upon successful installation from Odin.
- If Odin gets stuck at setup connection, then you need to do steps 6 to 10 again. For this, close Odin, disconnect your Galaxy Trend, remove battery, insert it back after 5-6 seconds and then start from step 6 again.
- Or, if you get FAIL in the top left box, you need to try flashing again, as stated just above.
- First start of the device may take time, so wait patiently again. Check the Settings > About phone to confirm new firmware.
If you face any issues with this, let us know via comments below. We’ll try our best to help you.