Forget using those volume buttons to navigate through ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery every time you want to flash a custom ROM, as the touch version of ClockworkMod is here for the Motorola Droid RAZR. Ported over by XDA Senior Member hacker812c from the CWM recovery for the Galaxy S3, the CWM Touch recovery for the RAZR works for both Gingerbread and Ice Cream Sandwich ROMs.
Important! This CWM Touch recovery is only and only for the international Droid RAZR, it will NOT work on the Verizon RAZR, so please do not try it out if you have the Verizon device. It also requires your device to be rooted.
Read on to find out how you can install ClockworkMod Touch recovery on your Motorola Droid RAZR.
This hack and the guide below are compatible only and only with the Motorola Droid RAZR, model number XT910. Do NOT try it on the Verizon RAZR which is model number XT912. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to you or your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery on Motorola Droid RAZR
- Make sure your device is rooted. You can use this guide in order to root your phone.
- Download the recovery’s installer APK:
Download Link | Alternate Link | Filename: RazrTouch5845.apk
- Copy the downloaded RazrTouch5845.apk file to your device.
- You’ll need a file manager to browse through SD Card. If you don’t have one already, use ASTRO File Manager (install for free from your current Google Play Store/Android Market app).
- Enable “Unknown sources” under Settings » Developer options ( or under Settings » Security if using an Ice Cream Sandwich ROM) on the device, so that you can install applications from SD Card.
- Open file manager app and browse to where you transferred the APK file in Step 3.
- Find and tap on the file to begin installation procedure and it will be installed in less than a minute.
- After install completes, go into your apps menu and run the Razr Touch Bootstrapper app.
- Here, click on Bootstrap Touch CWM to start installing the recovery, then press the Grant/Allow button to grant it root access when prompted to do so. CWM Touch recovery will then be installed on your device.
- You can then reboot to ClockworkMod recovery whenever needed by pressing the Reboot Touch CWM button.
ClockworkMod Touch Recovery is now installed on your Motorola Droid RAZR XT910. Try it out, then let us know how it works for you, in the comments below.