If you are using a device that is powered by a MediaTek processor of MT65xx series, then there are great chances that you need to install working preloader driver on your your PC to be able to use FlashTool software — it won’t recognize the device otherwise — to flash a firmware, or custom recovery, or anything that Flashtool does.
Well, we have a guide to fix exactly that problem. It’s a known problem, with MediaTek powered phones, whether the OEM is Micromax, Xolo, Huawei, Vivo, Oppo, Phillips or anyone else.
You need to install the preloader driver in a particular way given below, especially for Windows 8.1. So, if your device is powered by either of 6572, 6582 or 6592 processor chip, then the guide will definitely help. It might work alright even for newer devices.
As you will learn from below, it isn’t really that easy job. As first of all, you will need to tweak Windows’ settings for driver installation. It’s interesting anyway to install preloader drivers, and let’s see it in flesh now.
How to Install Preloader driver for devices powered by MediaTek processor
- Devices powered by MediaTek processor, MT6572, MT6582 and MT6592
- Don’t try this one any other device!
Warning: Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Backup important files stored on your device before proceeding with the steps below, so that in case something goes wrong you’ll have backup of all your important files.
- Download the small 3KB solution of a driver file (MT65xx Preloader.rar) from above.
- Extract the driver package file to a new folder.
- Rename the folder as mtk-drivers.
- If you are on Windows 8, 8.1 or newer, then you need to restart windows with this option ‘Disable Driver Signature Enforcement’. Do this:
- On your PC, restart your PC, but while clicking on restart button hold the shift key.
- Windows will get you restart option, choose Troubleshoot, and then Advanced options, then Start Settings, and then click on Restart.
- Now, select option 7 ‘Disable Driver Signature Enforcement’. Use the appropriate key as mentioned on that screen. Let PC restart thereafter.
- Now, take your device, power it off, and then remove the battery from the device.
- With battery taken out, connect the device to PC now using a PC cable.
- Go to device manager on your PC.
- Under the ‘other devices’ heading, find a listing named ‘MT65XX preloader’. Right click on it, and select ‘update driver’.
- Select ‘browse’ button and go to and select the ‘mtk-drivers’ folder. Now, click on ‘Next’ button.
- Once you do it, Windows will look for drivers for your phone in the mtk-drivers folder and when it finds it, will begin installing it.
That’s it. If you feel thankful, do express your gratitude to waqas1412, who provided the download of the above driver package.