The amount of MIUI ROMs that come out is just a testament to how big and famous MIUI has now become. With a unique UI, a great themes system with lots of fan made themes available, and some other nifty features, MIUI is one of the best custom ROMs out there that just completely changes the Android experience. Asnet MIUI 4 is a new MIUI ROM for the Galaxy S2, based on Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3, by XDA modder asrock37.
Let’s take a look at how you can install Asnet MIUI 4 on your Galaxy S2 i9100.
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the Samsung Galaxy S2, model number i9100. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
- Sufficiently charged battery, at least 50% is recommended.
How to Install Asnet MIUI 4 on Galaxy S2
- Install the stock Android 4.0.3 XXLPQ firmware on your phone by following the guide → here.
- Install Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery on XXLPQ by following the guide → here.
- Download the latest version of the ROM from the official development page.
- Transfer the downloaded zip file from step 3 to the internal SD card on the phone.
- Turn off the phone and boot into Clockworkmod recovery. For this, press and hold these 3 buttons together until the screen turns on: Volume UP + Home + Power. Phone will boot into CWM recovery. Use volume keys to scroll up and down between options and power key to select an option.
- Perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore –> On the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm. Wait a while till the data wipe is complete.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the ROM file on the SD card and select it. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM will start installing.
- After the ROM finishes installing, select go back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
Asnet MIUI 4 ROM is now installed and running on your Galaxy S2. Visit the original development page for more info and to get the latest updates on the ROM. Share your thoughts on the ROM in the comments.