If you find yourself in a situation where your Galaxy S6, or the Galaxy S6 Edge, stops responding to touches, like when device is hung, then you need a way to get out of such predicament. Well, pulling out of battery has been our easy way out usually, but with Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, you cannot do that because the battery is now non-removable. So, what do you do?
Well, you simply force the Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge to restart by using a combination of power and volume keys. Here’s how, it’s pretty simple.
How to Force Power Off / Restart Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge
Well, it doesn’t need telling but still, know that you’ve got the power button on the right edge while volume buttons on the left.
What you need to do is, simply press and hold both Volume Down + Power together until screen of your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge goes off, which means it’s responding to our combination of buttons and is has been successfully forced to restart.
That’s it — Volume Down + Power button does the trick. You may need to hold them for over 5-6 seconds, my Galaxy S6 Edge restarted within within 5-6 seconds. Yours should, too.
Here’s a video of how to do it.
Situations which may require you to go for force reboot:
- An app stops responding and doesn’t let you get out of it
- Device stops responding, it hangs because of software bug
- Constant force closes from an app
- You’re not in Android mode, that is, you’re in download mode, whether intentionally or not
- Any other case where you can’t use your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge and are left to reboot to fix the problem