With all the Ice Cream Sandwich firmware leaks pouring forth for the HTC Sensation, it has become quite a task to keep a track of all of them. XDA member Kohr-Ah has managed to get all of those leaked stock boot images together on one page, as CWM flashable updates. You can head over to his page, select the firmware version you want to flash, and fire away. What’s more, you will be able to flash these updates even without having SuperCID, so I would say, it’s very flash friendly indeed. Read on to find out how you can update your Sensation to the latest HTC stock Ice Cream Sandwich firmware.
This guide below are compatible only and only with the HTC Sensation. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to you or your device, including a bricked, non-functional device, we won’t be held liable. You have been forewarned!
How to Flash PG58IMG.zip on HTC Sensation
- Download the PG58IMG.zip file for the firmware you want to flash, from the official development thread.
- Download the firmware file or ROM file from here & the SuperWipe script from here
- Now transfer all 3 downloaded files, i.e. the ROM file, the PG58IMG.zip file and the SuperWipe script file to the root of microSD card on your Sensation. (Make sure there is no other PG58IMG.zip file on your microSD card, except for the one you transferred)
- Disconnect the phone from PC and power it off. Now remove the microSD card from the phone
- Now boot the phone to bootloader mode (Vol Down + Power button)
- Once in bootloader mode, move the selection to recovery using the volume buttons, but don’t select the recovery mode just as yet
- Insert the microSD card into the phone, and then select Recovery
- Once the phone has booted into recovery, select Install zip from SD card, and then Choose zip from SD card. Select the SuperWipe script you transferred in Step 3. This will perform a full wipe.
- Once the wipe is complete, repeat Step 8, and select the ROM file this time. Wait for the ROM to install.
- After the ROM installation is done, reboot normally, and power off the phone. Now repeat Step 5 to get into bootloader mode.
- In bootloader, select Fastboot, and then Select Yes to upgrade.
- This will automatically find the PG58IMG.zip file, and start the upgrade process. The screen might go dark in between, this is normal, so don’t panic and be patient.
- Once the flashing process is complete, select reboot.
- The first reboot can take as long as 10 mins, so be patient. Again, this is normal.. Once the ROM has booted up, wait for another 10-15 mins for the ROM to settle down. Do not touch anything at this point.
- After 15 mins, proceed to set up your phone, and enjoy the stock Ice Cream Sandwich experience from HTC.
Simple, is’nt it? Try it out, and let us know if you have any doubts, and we’ll be here to help you out. You can also visit the original development page linked above for more detailed information.