The LED light is supposed to blink when there is a notification item in the shade, right? Yep. That also means it should blink only when there is a notification to look for, right? Yes. But because of some bug in LG’s software, the LG G4 would blink the LED in green color even when there is no notification to tap on and look into. If you are one of those frustrated users who check the notification bar only to find there are items to look at, and find that the LED was burning in vain, here’s a fix to solve it. Thanks a lot, player911!
The cause behind this is the alarm app. And turning off the alarm first before turning it on again seems to fix this. Here’s what you could do step-by-step to fix the green LED blink on LG G4, and other LG devices.
- First up, clear all notification items. Tap on Clear button for this.
- Now, turn off the screen. Wait for the LED light to blink for no reason, as there are no notification items to look at.
- Once you have confirmed the problem, turn screen back on.
- Go to clock app, and disable all active Alarms.
- Now, turn screen off. Can simply double tap the status bar twice for this.
- Wait and watch the LED light. It shouldn’t start blinking now. Hmm? Did it? No. Well, that’s fixed then.
- Enable the alarm(s). LED shouldn’t blink now when screen is off and you have no notification items.
Let us know how this works out for you.