[Guide] Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE SGH-I757M
The Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE is a bigger screen variant of the Galaxy S2, with a 4.5″ Super AMOLED Plus screen, but doesn’t get much love in the way of custom ROMs and hacks. XDA Recognized Developer dsixda took it upon himself to port ClockworkMod recovery – the must-have tool for installing custom ROMs on Android devices – to the device, which the guide below will help you flash on your Galaxy S2 HD LTE.
Read on to find out how you can install ClockworkMod recovery on your Galaxy S2 HD LTE.
This hack and the guide below are compatible only and only with Galaxy S2 HD LTE, model number SGH-I757M. It’s not compatible with the Bell I9100M or any other Galaxy S2 variant. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Galaxy S2 HD LTE
- It’s important you’ve the proper drivers for the phone installed. If you have installed Samsung’s Kies software, you already have the drivers, so download them only if you haven’t installed Kies.
Download links: 32 bit (x86) Windows | 64-bit (x64) Windows
- Download CWM recovery package:
Download Link | Filename: cwm_recovery_188.8.131.52b_i757.tar
- Download Odin 1.85 from → here.
Filename: Odin 1.85.zip | Size: 199 KB
- Extract the contents of the Odin 1.85.zip file to a folder.
- Disconnect your phone if it’s connected to PC, then switch it off.
- Now, put the phone in Download Mode — press and hold these keys together: Volume Down + Power. A Warning! screen will come up; press Volume Up key to continue to enter Download Mode.
- Open Odin — double-click the Odin3 v1.85.exe that you got after extracting the file Odin 1.85.zip.
- In ODIN, click on the BOOTLOADER button, then select the cwm_recovery_184.108.40.206b_i757.tar file obtained in step 2.
- Important! Do not make any other changes in Odin except selecting the required files as given in step 8. Leave all other options as they are. Make sure Re-partition option is not selected.
- Connect your phone to PC now. You should get the message “Added!” under Odin’s message box in the bottom left.
If you don’t get this message, then probably there is a problem with drivers. Make sure you’ve proper drivers installed (check step 1). Also, uninstall Kies from the Control Panel as well (this will leave the drivers on the computer but remove Kies which can interfere with the procedure).
- Now, hit the START button to start flashing ClockworkMod recovery. When the flashing is complete, your phone will automatically reboot — and when you see the Samsung logo, you can safely unplug the cable. Plus, you’ll get a PASS (with green background) message in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin.
What to do if Odin gets stuck: If ODIN gets stuck and doesn’t seem to be doing anything, or you get a FAIL message (with red background) in ODIN, disconnect the phone from the PC, close ODIN, remove battery, re-insert it, turn phone on in Download mode again, and do the procedure again from Step 7.
- To try out ClockworkMod recovery, turn off your device. Hold down Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time. The device will boot and then show “Samsung”. Let go of the buttons at the exact moment you see “Samsung”, and the phone will boot into recovery in a few seconds. In recovery, you can use the volume keys to scroll through options and the power button to select them. You can also use the capacitive buttons for navigation: Menu = DOWN, Home = UP, Back = BACK to main menu, Search = SELECT.
ClockworkMod recovery is now installed on your Galaxy S2 HD LTE, and you can now install any custom ROM on your device that you want. Let us know how it works for you, in the comments below.