A new Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 build has leaked for the AT&T Galaxy Note – firmware version UCLF5 – by RootzWiki developer designgears. For those that aren’t too happy to be still waiting for the official release will be happy to try it, and we’ve got a full step-by-step guide on how you can flash it on your AT&T Galaxy Note.
Important NOTE: This is not a final or official update, so it can have a few bugs and issues and some things may not work correctly. It also contains new bootloaders, which can brick your device if something goes wrong, so make sure to read the instructions carefully.
Read on to find out how you can update your AT&T Galaxy Note to UCLF5 Android 4.0 firmware.
This firmware and the guide below are compatible only and only with the AT&T Galaxy Note, model number i717. It’s not compatible with the international Galaxy Note or any other device and may render an incompatible device unusable. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Install UCLF5 Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware on AT&T Galaxy Note
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
Important! Don’t forget to at least make a backup of your APN settings, which you can restore later if your data connection does not work after installing the ROM. Use the backup guide to find out how.
- Download and install drivers for the phone on your computer.
Download Drivers | Alternate Link
- Download the firmware by following the download link on the original download page. On the download page, click on the link next to the File URL text as shown below in screenshot to get the direct download link.
- Double-click on the downloaded SGH-I717UCLF5_478C4F494FE1D8194C6BD7758C972351.exe file to run Odin, which will be used to flash the firmware on your phone.
- Now, boot into download mode on the phone. To do this, turn off your phone. Then, press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons till you see a Warning! screen. Then, press the Volume Up button to continue to enter download mode. Then, connect the phone to the computer.
- The Odin screen will say “Added!!” in the message box below when the phone is connected to the computer. If it does not, make sure you have the proper drivers installed on the computer. Also try switching to another USB port on the computer – preferably a port on the back if using a desktop computer.
- Click on Start to start the flashing of UCLF5 on your AT&T Galaxy Note.
- Wait for the procedure to finish. After flashing is complete, the phone will reboot, and you’ll get a PASS message (with green background) in Odin. You can now safely disconnect your phone. What to do if Odin gets stuck: If ODIN gets stuck and doesn’t seem to be doing anything, or you get a FAIL message (with red background) in ODIN, disconnect the phone from the PC, close ODIN, remove battery, re-insert it, then repeat the procedure from step 4.
- If you run into any roadblocks while flashing the firmware, let us know and we’ll try to help you out.
The latest Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 firmware is now installed on your AT&T Galaxy Note. Let us know how it works for you, in the comments below.