Google I/O is less than a week away, and while it might or might not fulfill all the fantasies that people have cooked up in anticipation, you can now grab the updated companion app for the event, which adds a boatload of new features.
Those attending in person will be able to scan their badges via NFC, making entry into the event much quicker than before, and their Wi-Fi connections will also be automatically set up at the venue. The update also adds vector-based maps with info on all the sessions, lockscreen widget for staying up-to-date with your agenda, and automatic syncing of schedule changes between devices. For those watching from home, there’s a new dedicated HDMI video output for watching the livestreams on a bigger screen, where there are a few minor changes as well.
Here’s the full list of changes:
- Scan attendee badges via NFC
- Schedule changes are immediately synchronized between devices
- Lock screen widget for viewing your agenda on the go
- Vector-based maps with session info
- Dedicated HDMI video output for livestreams
- Automatic WiFi setup for attendees
- Off-site attendee mode for livestream-only viewers
- Use Google+ for login
- Support for viewing Office Hours sessions
- Improved support for devices with RTL locales
Go get the updated Google I/O app from the Play Store, and start keeping an eye on that countdown timer.