May 29th, 2014: Google Camera updated to version 2.2 with new Panaroma modes, Resolution settings, Timer and more.
→ Download latest Google Camera APK v2.2
7th May, 2014: Google Camera app updated to v2.1.042, now let’s you take photos while recording videos
→ Download Google Camera APK v2.1.042
Google released the new Google Camera app yesterday to Play store for all devices running Android 4.4 KitKat. Any Android version below KitKat was left out of this beautiful update to the Google Camera app which brought along a new sleek UI and Lens Blur effect that we saw on almost all flagship devices launched this year.
Now thanks to slow updates from various manufacturers that we have a handful lot of devices (mostly low-end) which haven’t received any KitKat update yet, and it could be that these devices may never going to get the update.
Anyway, the good news here is for the Android folks having devices running on Android Jelly Bean. XDA member, unclefab, has made an attempt at porting the Google Camera app to devices running Jelly Bean and he was successfully able to get the new Google Camera app working on his Samsung Galaxy Mega I9200 running on stock Samsung firmware.
However, other users on the forum are reporting “Force close” error while trying to get the modded Google Camera app run on their Jelly Bean devices.
As of now, chances of having this run on your device are slim, but it wouldn’t hurt to give it a try.
- Make sure your device is running on a Stock Jelly Bean firmware
- The modded Google Camera apk was reported running successful on a Android 4.3 Jelly Bean build only, so 4.1 and 4.2 builds may not work (but don’t take our work for it)
- Maybe only Samsung Galaxy devices?
icon-download Download Modded Google Camera for Jelly Bean
└ For updates, check the original page → here.
Install the Google Camera .apk file like you’d install any other .apk file on your Android device. In case you need help with that, check out our guide on → How to Install APK files on Android.
If the Google Camera app force closes upon opening, try the fix given below (thanks to rogeralberth)
- Install Google Camera APK for Jelly Bean
- Disable Google Services via Titanium Backup (Freeze) OR via Settings » Apps » Under All tab » Select Google Play Services and disable it
- Open Google Camera app
- Re-enable Google Play Services