Get Xperia UI with Android 4.0 on HTC Sensation with Xperianse ROM
This is the best thing about Android, and the great Android community. The ability to use stuff from phones of other manufacturers is an ability that makes sure the Android world never gets boring. XDA modder webstar1 has brought out the Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 based Xperianse ROM, that brings you a hybrid of the HTC Sense UI and the Timescape UI and apps from Sony’s Xperia phones. As you can see from the screenshot, the ROM gives a complete makeover to your phone. There are quite a lot of other unique features of the ROM, which you can check out below under ROM Info.
Read on to find out how you can install Xperianse ROM on your HTC Sensation.
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the HTC Sensation. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
Developer → webstar1
- Bravia Engine
- Dolby Mobile Sound (Amazing!) (DO NOT turn off after enabling it)
- AOSP Phone, SMS and Contacts
- Gallery, Clock, Calculator and Browser from Xperia S
- Includes Xperia Events (Not Sure if works properly)
- MIUI Music ICS Themed
- Contains the Amazing Cosmic Flow Live Wallpaper
- Contains Weather Widget with RealFeel®
- 100% Stable
- Important! S-Off HTC Sensation with Clockworkmod Recovery installed.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
- Sufficiently charged battery, at least 50% is recommended.
How to Install Xperianse ROM on HTC Sensation
- Download the latest version of the ROM from the official development page.
- Transfer the zip file downloaded in step 1 to the root of your sdcard on the phone (i.e, don’t put in any folder).
- Turn off the phone, then boot into Clockworkmod recovery by simultaneously pressing and holding the Volume down button and the Power button. From the resulting HBOOT menu, press Volume down to select the Recovery option and press the Power button to activate it. In recovery, use Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select.
- [Optional] Perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore –> On the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Perform a wipe:
- Select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm. Wait a while till the data wipe is complete.
- Select wipe cache then select Yes on next screen to confirm.
- Select advanced, and then select wipe dalvik cache » Yes – wipe dalvik. Then go back to the main recovery menu.
- Now select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the ROM file on the sdcard and select it.
- Now confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select go back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
- WARNING! Once Dolby Mobile mode is enabled, DO NOT disable it or turn it off.
The Xperianse ROM is now installed on your HTC Sensation, giving you the Xperia UI experience on top of HTC’s Sense. Visit the original development page for more info and to get the latest updates on the ROM. Share your thoughts on the ROM in the comments.