Want the new Galaxy S II (S2) look & feel on your Galaxy S i9000?
Well you’re in luck if you nodded your head in confirmation to the above question, because we actually have one such wonderful ROM by XDA member ‘Faryaab’, F1 Galaxy S2.
The ROM is very much identical to the Galaxy S 2, so it includes the new TouchWiz (v4), Galaxy S2 theme and a bunch of other tweaks.
As this ROM is all about getting the S2 experience on S1, we thought of making a video comparing the both phones.
Left side – Galaxy S 2 | Right side – Original Galaxy S running ‘F1 Galaxy S2′ ROM.
[youtube video_id="7KyPq5P5Ck8" width="630" height="400" /]
So if the video above impressed you, then you can also have this ROM on your Galaxy S i9000. Proceed on for the instructions.. BUT, warnings first!
[info]This guide is applicable only for Samsung’s Galaxy S international version (i9000). If yours is Vibrant/Captivate/Fascinate/Epic 4G or any other Galaxy S variant, then this ROM — and Guide — is not for you, and that’s for definite.[/info]
[warning]The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to you or your device, we won’t be held liable. You only will be responsible — you’ve been warned. Okay![/warning]
You must have a rooted XXJVP firmware with ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed on your phone. If you don’t have, then do the following:
- Install XXJVP firmware by following the guide here – http://wp.me/pXleP-1Gc
- Now root & install CWM recovery on XXJVP firmware using this guide – http://wp.me/pXleP-1Gl
Download the ROM
Download the ‘F1 Galaxy S2′ ROM from here — F1 Galaxy S2 V6 (Wipe version).
NOTE: This will wipe your data on phone, so make sure you backup everything important before flashing this ROM.
Installation [with Video]
[youtube video_id="2scIvd-zA9c" width="630" height="400" /]
- Transfer the ROM’s zip file you downloaded above to your phone’s internal SD Card
- Switch Off the phone
- Now boot into recovery. Press & hold the following keys together “Volume UP+Home key+Power button” until the Galaxy S logo screen appears.
- Inside the recovery the first thing to do is wipe your data, so do the following:
- Select “wipe data/factory reset”, and then “Yes — delete all user data”
- Select “wipe cache partition”, and then ”Yes”.
- Select “Advanced”, then select “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and choose “Yes”
- Now select “install zip from SD Card”, then select the zip file that you transferred to your internal SD Card in Step 1, and flash it.
- Once finished select “reboot system now”
That’s all. You’re now on the ‘F1 Galaxy S2’ ROM. Enjoy!
The ‘F1 Galaxy S2′ ROM is developed by XDA member ‘Faryaab’, so all credit goes to him. Please consider donating if you like his work.Donate Faryaab
And for latest updates to this ROM, do follow this thread over at XDA.