Get Louder Sound on Galaxy Nexus Running Jelly Bean Android 4.1 With Audio Improvement Patch
The Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM that was leaked for the Galaxy Nexus works quite well for everyone. However, the audio output from the loudspeaker seems to have reduced in Jelly Bean compared to Ice Cream Sandwich. But there is a fix for that thanks to XDA Senior Member Misledz, who has released an audio improvement patch that increases the loudspeaker volume on the Jelly Bean ROM for the Galaxy Nexus. The audio improvement patch also includes “Awesome BEATS™”, a custom equalizer which lets you give the audio a bass boost on both the loudspeaker as well on the headphones, along with other sound effect settings.
Read on to find out how you can flash the audio improvement patch on the Galaxy Nexus on a Jelly Bean ROM.
The guide below is compatible only and only with the international GSM Galaxy Nexus, model number i9250. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Install Audio Improvement Patch on Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean ROM
- [Important!] Make sure ClockworkMod recovery is installed on your Galaxy Nexus and it’s running Jelly Bean Android 4.1. If you have flashed the Android 4.1 ROM, you should already have CWM recovery installed. If not, you can use the guide here to install CWM recovery if needed.
- Download the audio improvement patch file.
Download Link | Filename: Nexus LouderBoom.zip
- Copy the downloaded zip file to the SD card on the phone (do not extract it).
- Turn off the phone and boot into CWM recovery. To do this, press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons together till the screen turns on. Then, scroll to the Restart Recovery option using the volume buttons, then select it using the Power button to restart in recovery.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the Nexus LouderBoom.zip file on the sdcard and select it. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install Nexus LouderBoom.zip on the next screen to start installation.
- After the installation is complete, select go back and then select reboot system now to reboot your phone.
- Once the phone boots up, go into Settings » Sound, click on Music Effects, select Awesome BEATS™, then press OK. This will increase the loudspeaker’s volume permanently for every sound played through the loudspeaker.
Your Galaxy Nexus running on Jelly Bean Android 4.1 will now have higher loudspeaker volume, and you will also be able to use the Awesome BEATS™ equalizer for better sound. Let us know how it works!