If you have a Galaxy Ace, and like customizing the look and feel of your device, XDA member spacecaker has released a custom ROM for the Ace, which is very nicely themed to look like the Galaxy S2 UI. All the menus, transition animations, even the boot animation has been given the Galaxy S2 touch. The ROM is appropriately called the s>G<s II Rom and is based on Gingerbread 2.3.5 firmware.
Before we move on to the installation guide, lets have a quick look at the features of this ROM;
- Based on 2.3.5 XWKS2/XWKS9
- Filesystems is EXT
- Root And deodexed
- App2sd activated and tweak manager is available
- BlUE Overglow scroll glow enabled
- LagFree V3 THX TO SLAID480
- SGS II Bootanimation THX to spacecaker
- CRT Off enabled
- Extended Power menu
- TW 4 style launcher
- SGS II Status Bar
- Battery % style
The steps and methods included in this guide are considered risky. Please do not attempt to try this unless you know exactly what you are doing, as it may render your device unusable, and your pocket lighter by the amount it takes to replace it. You have been forewarned!!!
This ROM is compatible only and only with the Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. Please do not attempt to flash it on any other device as it might damage your device irreparably. We are not responsible for any damage that may be caused to your device. Please check your device model under Settings » About Phone
→ s>G<s II Rom
File Name: sgsIIFinal.zip | Size: 115.71 MB
- Rooted Galaxy Ace with Clockworkmod Recovery installed. You can use this guide to Root your Galaxy Ace.
- Fully Charged Battery
- Backup all your data. You can refer to this this excellent Android Backup Guide
- Download the sgsII ROM file (Link provided above)
- Transfer the ROM’s zip file that you downloaded above in step 1 to your phone’s internal sdcard
- Power Off your Galaxy Ace. Wait for 5-6 seconds until you feel the vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Then, press and hold these 2 buttons together: Home+Power till the Galaxy Ace logo shows up on-screen. You’ll boot into CWM recovery soon enough. (In recovery, use Volume keys to scroll up and down and power key to select an option. Use back key to go back).
- Once in CWM, Select Wipe Data/Factory reset from the main menu, and on the next screen select Yes-wipe data
- Now scroll to Wipe Cache Partition and select it. On the next screen Select Yes-wipe cache.
- Now on the main menu, click Advanced, and then Select Wipe Dalvik cache. On the next screen, Select Yes-Wipe Dalvik
- Now, select “Install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”, then scroll to the “sgsIIFinal.zip” file you transferred in step 2 above and select it.
- Then select “Yes, Install sgsIIFinal.zip”. The ROM will now start installing.
- Once the installation is complete, go back to the main menu & select “Reboot system now”.
- That’s it, You should now be running the sgsII custom ROM on your Galaxy Ace!!
To find updates and bug fixes for this ROM, you can visit the original development thread. Show this off to your friends, and let us know your thoughts, and theirs, in comments below