LG G3 was launched with one of its highly marketed features, the Quick Circle case. While not a benchmark venture in this field, the implementation utilized a circular cut-out window for more than just answering phone calls. Its presence was extended to widgets and full blown apps as well. Despite its multiple uses, the Quick Circle case is best known for circular clocks, which allows the user to place circular widgets on the home screen that remain visible through the cut out. However, the default clocks provided by LG have limited options and anything stays the same for a while and tends to get monotonous.
The lack of options in Quick Circle clocks created a chance for developers to show their skills. The community famous worldwide created many such clocks with the help of recognized themer and developers, which mainly serve to increase the variety of options. From the minimal time only clocks to full blown weather information displays are available and you can make one yourself as per your choice. The mod is in the form of a standard apk, but it requires you to root your device and install Xposed Framework to run. Root + Xposed not only offers you option in Quick Circle Case but also many modules where the user can capitalize as per his taste.
Note: For this feature to work properly you need to root your device and install Xposed Framework.
- Currently this feature is available on all G3 models as far as they have the latest QC Themer
Warning: Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Backup necessary stuff. In case your device is wiped off while following the guide below, it’s good to have a backup of contacts, photos, videos and other files already saved on PC.
- The device needs to be rooted, if it isn’t, then root your LG G3 from here.
- Once rooted, install the Xposed framework on your G3, which you can get it from here.
- Download the Xposed Installer App’s APK.
- Install Xposed Install using the APK file. Tap on the app using a file manager. For more help, see here.
- Open the Xposed app, and tap on Framework, and then on Install/Update.
- Provide app root access by tapping on Grant button when you get a pop-up.
- Reboot your phone thereafter by tapping on Reboot.
- After the installation of the Xposed framework, you need to download QC Themer xposed module (QC – Quick Circle). Download the APK and install it too.
- Enable QC Themer module in Xposed app. Open the Xposed app, tap on Modules, tick the checkbox to the left of QC Themer module there, and reboot your phone (go back, then in framework tap on reboot).
- Now, download the real deal, the watchfaces from here. These .zip files, transfer them to phone if you download them on PC.
- Open the Quick Circle Themer app, and import the .zip file of the watchface you want.
- Click On Apply to switch to given watchface.
- Restart your G3. That’s it. Enjoy!
That’s it. Need any help with this, let us know in comments.