So what if the latest HTC phones come with Beats Audio™, a branded equalizer that improves bass and a few other things in the sound output? No one said it has to be exclusive to the HTC phones, not as long as the custom modding community is around. Modders and developers on XDA have managed to get the Beats Audio improvements ported to other devices. The owners of the Galaxy S i9000 can also reap the benefits, thanks to XDA modder bududroid.
Bear in mind though that the Beats Audio mod can only be installed on Gingerbread and Ice Cream Sandwich ROMs, so don’t try it on Froyo ROMs (though we’re sure most you are on GB or ICS). Also, the improvements will be more noticeable if you use high-end headphones instead of normal ones.
Let’s take a look at how the Beats Audio mod can be installed on your Galaxy S i9000.
This mod and the guide below are compatible only and only with the Samsung Galaxy S, model number i9000. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Install Beats Audio on Galaxy S
- Download the Beats Audio package from the original post on XDA.
- Copy the downloaded zip file from step 1 to the internal SD card on the phone.
- Turn off the phone and boot into Clockworkmod recovery. For this, press and hold these 3 buttons together until the screen turns on: Volume UP+Home+Power. Phone will boot into CWM recovery. Use volume keys to scroll up and down between options and power/home key to select an option.
- Now select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the zip file you transferred to the sd card in step 2 and select it. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The mod will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select go back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
The Beats Audio mod is now installed on your Galaxy S i9000. Do let us know whether you notice any improvements in sound quality, in the comments below.