Samsung will soon release the new and shiny Galaxy Tab A Android tablet, but its firmware is already available for download. Do check out this page if you are looking to buy the Tab A in future, as we will post all Tab A updates here, along with Android 7.0 Nougat, while the device will release on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
To have a firmware of your device downloaded is always good. If you screw things on the software side anytime, installing the firmware would fix it. Issues like bootloop, soft-bricked, unroot, remove TWRP, etc. can be easily fixed simply by installing the firmware.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A Firmware
10.1″ Galaxy Tab A WiFi
Model no. P580
- P580KXU1APH6 | Android 6.0.1 → TUR-P580KXU1APH6-20160902111805.zip
10.1″ Galaxy Tab A LTE
Model no. P585
- P585JXU1APH5 | Android 6.0.1 → XFV-P585JXU1APH5-20160926092802.zip
How to Download and Install Firmware
Be sure to check your Galaxy Tab A’s model no. first. You can do so using an app called Droid Info, or simply check it on its packaging box, or under Settings > About.
Then download the firmware according to that model no. only to ensure compatibility. We have provided the downloads as per model no. so that it’s easy for you to identify the firmware for your device.
Next, install the firmware on your Galaxy Tab A by following the guide linked right below.
You can use the firmware for variety of purposes, which includes:
- Fix Galaxy Tab A if it’s giving you force closes errors and restarts randomly.
- Unbrick Galaxy Tab A if it’s bootlooping and stuck at logo when restarting.
- Go Back to Stock on your Galaxy Tab A — helps when looking to sell the device, or fix installing OTA updates if broken.
- Restore Galaxy Tab A to factory state.
- Upgrade Galaxy Tab A to newer Android version.
- Downgrade Galaxy Tab A to lower build no. at same Android version.
- Unroot Galaxy Tab A.
- Remove custom recovery like TWRP and CWM, if installed, on your Galaxy Tab A.
To perform any of the above, simply install the firmware meant for your device, as per its model no. in Settings, About device.
Need help? Let us know if you need any help regarding this via comments below.