Galaxy S3 TouchWizUX Launcher Available for Flashing!
Fans of Samsung’s TouchWiz will certainly be happy this day, as the TouchWiz UX launcher from the Galaxy S3 has been ported to the Galaxy S2, by XDA Forum Member Smando. The new TouchWiz launcher in Galaxy S3 includes new features such as the ability to choose a default homescreen, alphabetical apps grid, and other things that were sorely missing in earlier iterations of TouchWiz.
Important! The Galaxy S3 TouchWiz launcher will only work on Samsung based ROMs, and fail to work on AOSP based ROMs like AOKP or CM9. Also, there is still some work left on it according to the developer, so a few inconsistencies and bugs may exist, but should be ironed out soon.
Let’s take a look at how you can install Galaxy S3 TouchWiz Launcher on your Galaxy S2.
How to Install Galaxy S3 TouchWiz Launcher on Galaxy S2
- Make sure you’re running a Samsung based ROM on your Galaxy S2 before attempting this.
- Also make sure that you have ClockworkMod recovery installed on your phone.
- Download the TouchWiz file from the official development page.
- Copy the downloaded .zip file to the internal SD card on the phone.
- Turn off the phone, then boot into ClockworkMod recovery. For this, press and hold these 3 buttons together until the screen turns on: Volume UP + Home + Power. Phone will boot into CWM recovery. Use volume keys to scroll up and down between options and power key to select an option.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the TouchWiz .zip file on the SD card and select it. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen.
- After the installation is complete, select go back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
- You can now use the Galaxy S3 TouchWiz UX launcher on your Galaxy S2.
Enjoy using the Galaxy S3 TouchWiz UX launcher on your Galaxy S2. Try it out, and let us know your impressions of it, in the comments below.