The TouchWiz Launcher from the upcoming Galaxy S3 is making a lot of appearance these days, in the form of ports for other devices. Now, XDA Senior Member xator91 has ported the Galaxy S3 TouchWiz UX launcher to the Galaxy S2, for AOSP based ROMs such AOKP and CM9. Samsung has added much-needed options to their latest iteration of TouchWiz, such as the ability to organize apps by name, choose a default homescreen, and more, so if you’re a fan of TouchWiz, be sure to give it a try.
NOTE: This Galaxy S3 launcher port is ONLY for the Galaxy S2 and will only work on AOSP ROMs like CM9 and AOKP. There is no use trying it on a Samsung based ROM as it will not work. It might work with the Galaxy S i9000 as well, but that is not guaranteed.
Now, let’s take a look at how the Galaxy S3 TouchWiz UX Launcher can be installed on your Galaxy S2.
How to Install Galaxy S3 TouchWiz Launcher on Galaxy S2
- Important! Make sure your phone is running on an AOSP/CM9/AOKP ROM. This will NOT work on Samsung based ROMs. You will also need ClockworkMod recovery, which should already be installed if you are on AOKP/CM9/AOSP ROM.
- Download the latest TouchWiz launcher package from the official XDA page. Download the 240@dpi version.
- Copy the downloaded .zip file to the internal SD card on the phone (without extracting it).
- Turn off the phone. Then, boot into CWM recovery. To do so, press and hold the Volume Up + Home buttons while powering on the phone. When the screen turns on, let go of all three buttons.
In recovery, use Volume keys to scroll up and down and power key to select an option.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the .zip file (copied in step 3) on the sdcard and select it. Confirm installation on the next page by selecting Yes.
- After the installation is complete, select go back and then select reboot system now to reboot your phone.
The TouchWiz Launcher from the Galaxy S3 is now installed on your Galaxy S2. Try it out, and let us know how it works for you, in the comments below.