Galaxy S3 Launcher for Original Galaxy S i9000. Go! Go! Go!
That’s right, you know you wanted it and now you have it. The TouchWiz launcher from the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S3 has been ported to the Galaxy S, which should make TouchWiz fans very happy (and make the TouchWiz haters shrug it off as useless like always). Thanks to XDA Forum Member froilson, you can now use the Galaxy S3 TouchWiz launcher on your Galaxy S, on custom Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 ROMs.
NOTE: Keep in mind that the launcher may not work on all custom Android 4.0 ROMs. Also, do not try it on Gingerbread based ROMs as it’s not compatible with those.
Let’s take a look at how the Galaxy S3 TouchWiz launcher can be installed on the Galaxy S.
How to Install Galaxy S3 TouchWiz Launcher on Galaxy S
- Make sure your phone is running on an Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich ROM.
- Download the latest TouchWiz launcher package from the official XDA page. It will be a compressed .zip file.
- Copy the downloaded .zip file to the internal SD card on the phone (without extracting it).
- Turn off the phone. Then, boot into CWM recovery. To do so, press and hold the Volume Up + Home buttons while powering on the phone. When the screen turns on, let go of all three buttons.
In recovery, use Volume keys to scroll up and down and power key to select an option.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the .zip file (copied in step 3) on the sdcard and select it. Confirm installation on the next page by selecting Yes.
- After the installation is complete, select go back and then select reboot system now to reboot your phone.
When the phone boots up, you can enjoy using the latest TouchWiz launcher from Samsung. Do let us know how it works, and if it works for you, in the comments below.