Galaxy S3 Add-on Pack for Galaxy S i9000 and Galaxy S2 i9100
Get all the Galaxy S3 goodies on your Galaxy S and Galaxy S2 with a single add-on pack, made by XDA Senior Member smalldookie, which contains everything from the ringtones, wallpapers, TouchWiz launcher to Galaxy S3 apps and widgets, and more.
Here are some of the features of the add-on pack:
- Modified TouchWiz 4 with SGS3 icons
- SGS3 ringtones, system-sounds, alarm sounds, notification sounds
- SGS3 Live Wallpapers
- Samsung apps like App Store, Memo, Accuweather-widget, Taskmanager, Angry-GPS, Digital-clockwidget, Memo widget
NOTE: The add-on pack is for the CM9 and AOKP ROMs, based on Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0. It will NOT work with Samsung stock based ROMs. It might work on other ICS ROMs, but that is not guaranteed.
Let’s take a look at the procedure for installing the Galaxy S3 Add-on Pack on Galaxy S/S2
How to Install Galaxy S3 Add-on Pack on Galaxy S/S2
- Important! Make sure you have CM9 or AOKP ROM installed on your Galaxy S/Galaxy S2.
- Download the latest Galaxy S3 add-on pack from the official development page. The add-on pack file is the same for both the Galaxy S and the Galaxy S2. [Note: Don't download the file linked in Red button, that is for Galaxy nexus i9250. Download from the link in Blue Button with this text: Galaxy S/S+/Nexus S: TWICS-CM9-Nightly-Addon 1.3 -- this is the name of file that you would be using.]
- Copy the downloaded .zip file to the internal SD card on the phone (without extracting it).
- Turn off the phone. Then, boot into CWM recovery. To do so, press and hold the Volume Up + Home buttons while powering on the phone. When the screen turns on, let go of all three buttons.
In recovery, use Volume keys to scroll up and down and power key to select an option.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the .zip file (copied in step 3) on the sdcard and select it. Confirm installation on the next page by selecting Yes.
- After the installation is complete, select go back and then select reboot system now to reboot your phone.
The Galaxy S3 add-on pack is now installed on your Galaxy S/S2, and you can enjoy all the Galaxy S3 goodies now installed on your phone. Let us know how it works for you, in the comments below.