New Gingerbread Rom for Galaxy S2 with Ice Cream Sandwich Theme, Meet RebelRom
We know you like the beautiful Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) Android 4 user interface, and RebelROM lets you have it on your Galaxy S2, in the form of an ICS themed ROM with Gingerbread Android 2.3 at the core, so you can enjoy the ICS looks without the need to flash the Android 4 firmware leaks from Samsung. So get your phone ready, and read on to find out to flash this ROM on your Galaxy S2.
But first, a look at some of the features of the ROM:
- Beautiful ICS theme.
- Extremely light ROM, only 136 MB in size.
- A bunch of tweaks for improved performance.
- ICS themed Xperia Launcher.
- Latest Siyah kernel.
Read everything carefully and thoroughly. The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to you or your device, we won’t be held liable — you only will be responsible, you’ve been warned!
This procedure is compatible only and only with Samsung Galaxy S2, model number i9100. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps and data (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry). So backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
- Make sure your Galaxy S2 is sufficiently charged, like 50% at least.
Step by Step Instructions
- Download and install XXKH3 firmware on your phone from -> here
- Root XXKH3 using from -> here. This will also install clockworkmod (cwm) recovery, which you will need in order to install RebelRom (or any other rom).
- Download the RebelROM zip file. Do not extract it.
Download Link. [Filename: RebelROM_1.1_I9100.zip | Size: 136 MB]
- Transfer the zip file you downloaded above to your internal sdcard (not the external microSD).
- Boot into recovery mode. For this, press and hold these 3 buttons together until Samsung’s screen shows up: Volume_UP+Home+Power. Phone will boot into CWM recovery. Use volume keys to scroll up and down between options and power/home key to select an option.
- Now, select “wipe data/factory reset”. Then select “Yes” on next screen to confirm. (This will not touch your SD cards so don’t worry).
- Then, select “install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Then, browse to the file you transferred to the sdcard in step 4 and select it.
- Confirm installation on the next screen by selecting the option “Yes — Install RebelROM_1.1_I9100.zip“. The ROM will now start installing.
- After installation is complete, select “go back” then select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone.
Wait for a while to let the phone boot, then enjoy the ROM on your Galaxy S2. Share your thoughts and problems in the comments below and we’ll do our best to help you out.