- 1.Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Firmware
- 1.1.AT&T Note 7 firmware (SM-N930A)
- 1.2.Sprint Note 7 firmware (SM-N930P)
- 1.3.T-Mobile Note 7 firmware (SM-N930T)
- 1.4.Verizon Note 7 firmware (SM-N930V)
- 1.5.US Cellular Note 7 firmware (SM-N930R4)
- 1.6.Canadian Note 7 firmware (SM-N930W8)
- 1.7.Global Note 7 firmware (SM-N930F/G/H/i)
- 1.8.Korean Note 7 firmware (SM-N930K/L/S)
- 1.9.Chinese Note 7 firmware (SM-N9300)
- 2.How to Download and Install Firmware
- 3.Firmware Benefits
Update (September 21, 2016): As we mentioned in our Note 7 update page, that the Galaxy Note 7 is due for the recall related update that warns users using the fire-prone Galaxy Note 7 about the possible damage via a pop-up, and thus urges them to get the device replaced, and brings the green battery icon on those that are safe to use already, that update is now available as a firmware for your download.
So, if you haven’t received the update yet, go ahead and download them right away. Install and see if you get the green icon or not, and if not, you should get the pop-up warning you about potential damage that could be caused by your Note 7’s battery that could explode while charging. FYI, green icon could be found in status bar, power menu (press and hold the power button) and Always On Display screen (enable in Settings if not already).
Look for the green battery icon installer firmware in the relevant section below, and for your ease, we have specified it particularly for those that bring the green icon for battery.
Update (August 21, 2016): Because it needs separate mention, we’ve added firmware for Verizon Galaxy Note 7 and Sprint Galaxy Note 7. The respective software version is N930VVRS1APH1 and N930PVPU1APGC. The T-Mobile Galaxy Note 7 firmware with build no. N930TTMB1APGC has been added too, for which big thanks goes to JUSMEJOSE! We await firmware for AT&T Galaxy Note 7 now.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is already up for pre-order in many regions, while the T-Mobile and Verizon customers are already seeing their Note 7 sets shipped. It was about time then that Note 7 firmware started showing up.
We already have the Note 7 stock ROM firmware for China, as they just hit the web. You will find the Note 7 firmwares below, and know that we will be adding more firmwares soon, including for US carriers T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon and US Cellular.
It’s good to have a copy of the firmware file downloaded and saved on PC, so that you can use it to restore Note 7 back to sanity in case anything goes wrong with the software of the device while playing with root, TWRP, etc. stuff.
So, if you plan to buy Note 7, you’re advised to have a firmware saved on PC to fix any issues with the device, related to its software. Be sure to match the model no. of your Note 7 with the firmware provided below.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Firmware
AT&T Note 7 firmware (SM-N930A)
- N930AUCS1APH1 (firmware not available at the moment.)
Sprint Note 7 firmware (SM-N930P)
- N930PVPU1APH9 | Android 6.0.1 → SPR-N930PVPU1APH9-20160912133608.zip
- N930PVPU1APGC | Filename: SPR-N930PVPU1APGC-20160817171855.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
T-Mobile Note 7 firmware (SM-N930T)
- N930TUVU2API4 | Android 6.0.1 → TMB-N930TUVU2API4-20160921172313.zip
- N930TUVU1APGC | Filename: TMB-N930TUVU1APGC-20160817171823.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- N930TTMB1APGC | Filename: N930TTMB1APGC_N930TTMB1APGC_TMO.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Verizon Note 7 firmware (SM-N930V)
- N930VVRS2APHE | Android 6.0.1 → VZW-N930VVRS2APHE-20160921072852.zip
- G930VVRU2APG5 | Android 6.0.1 → G930VVRU2APG5_G930VVZW2APG5_VZW.zip
- G930VVRS4APH1 | Android 6.0.1 → G930VVRS4APH1_G930VVZW4APH1_VZW.zip
US Cellular Note 7 firmware (SM-N930R4)
- N930R4TYS2APHE | Android 6.0.1 → USC-N930R4TYS2APHE-20160921171410.zip
- N930R4TYS1APH1 | Filename: USC-N930R4TYS1APH1-20160819171354.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Canadian Note 7 firmware (SM-N930W8)
- N930W8VLU2API3 | Android 6.0.1 → FMC-N930W8VLU2API3-20160921150114.zip
- N930W8VLU2API3 | Android 6.0.1 → RWC-N930W8VLU2API3-20160921150140.zip
- N930W8VLU2API3 | Android 6.0.1 → VTR-N930W8VLU2API3-20160921150200.zip
- N930W8VLU2API3 | Android 6.0.1 → KDO-N930W8VLU2API3-20160921150120.zip
- N930W8VLU1APH1 | Filename: N930W8VLU1APH1_N930W8OYA1APH1_ESK.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Global Note 7 firmware (SM-N930F/G/H/i)
- N930FXXU1APG7 | Filename: N930FXXU1APG7_N930FCHE1APG4_CHE.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- N930FXXU1APGJ | Filename: N930FXXU1APGJ_N930FODX1APGC_TMS.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- N930FXXU1APGK | Filename: N930FXXU1APGK_N930FOJV1APGF_TUR.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- N930FXXU1APGI | Filename: N930FXXU1APGI_N930FOXM1APGE_ATO.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Korean Note 7 firmware (SM-N930K/L/S)
- N930KKKU1BPHA | Filename: N930KKKU1BPHA_N930KKTC1BPHA_KTC.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- N930SKSU1BPHA | Filename: N930SKSU1BPHA_N930SSKC1BPHA_SKC.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- N930LKLU1BPHA | Filename: N930LKLU1BPHA_N930LLUC1BPHA_LUC.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Chinese Note 7 firmware (SM-N9300)
- N9300ZHU1APGI | Filename: N9300ZHU1APGI_N9300ZZH1APGI_TGY.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- N9300ZCU1APGJ | Filename: N9300ZCU1APGJ_N9300CHC1APGJ_CHC.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Right now, firmwares are not available for all variants but we think, except for AT&T, all other variants of the Note 7 would get the firmware available on the web in next few days, or maximim two weeks. We will be sure to update this page with those firmwares too. Till then, you gotta wait.
How to Download and Install Firmware
Be sure to check your Galaxy Note 7’s model no. first. You can do so using an app called Droid Info, or simply check it on its packaging box, or under Settings > About.
Then download the firmware according to that model no. only to ensure compatibility. We have provided the downloads as per model no. so that it’s easy for you to identify the firmware for your device.
Next, install the firmware on your Galaxy Note 7 by following the guide linked right below.
You can use the firmware for variety of purposes, which includes:
- Fix Galaxy Note 7 if it’s giving you force closes errors and restarts randomly.
- Unbrick Galaxy Note 7 if it’s bootlooping and stuck at logo when restarting.
- Go Back to Stock on your Galaxy Note 7 — helps when looking to sell the device, or fix installing OTA updates if broken.
- Restore Galaxy Note 7 to factory state.
- Upgrade Galaxy Note 7 to newer Android version.
- Downgrade Galaxy Note 7 to lower build no. at same Android version.
- Unroot Galaxy Note 7.
- Remove custom recovery like TWRP and CWM, if installed, on your Galaxy Note 7.
To perform any of the above, simply install the firmware meant for your device, as per its model no. in Settings, About device.
Need help? Let us know if you need any help regarding this via comments below.