Update GSM Galaxy Nexus to IMM76I [Android 4.0.4]
The international GSM Galaxy Nexus is seeing a new Android 4.0.4 update, IMM76I, being delivered through an OTA update. Though there’s no official announcement of the update yet, some users have received it on their devices, and it is a minor update that seems to fix signal issues experienced by some GSM Nexus phones after the previous IMM76D update. XDA member bilalakhtar has provided the OTA update for download so people can update to it manually.
Note that this update is only for the GSM Galaxy Nexus, so don’t try it on the Verizon CDMA variant of the Galaxy Nexus. Also, you need to be on the IMM76D Android 4.0.4 firmware on the phone to be able to use this update.
Now, let’s take a look at how you can update your Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.0.4 IMM76I.
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the international GSM Galaxy Nexus, model number i9250. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Update Galaxy Nexus to IMM76I
- [Optional] Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. so you can restore them if anything goes wrong. This Android backup guide would help you.
- Unlock the bootloader on your Galaxy Nexus by following the guide → here.
- Update your phone to the stock Android 4.0.4 IMM76D firmware by following the guide → here. Skip this if your phone is already on the 4.0.4 IMM76D firmware.
- Install Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery on your Nexus by following the guide → here. Again, you can skip this if you already have CWM installed on your phone.
- Download the IMM76I update file.
Download Link | Filename: 46cf01d3e2ea.signed-yakju-IMM76I-from-IMM76D.46cf01d3.zip
- Copy the downloaded file to the SD card on the phone.
- Turn off the phone and boot into CWM recovery. To do this, press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons together till the screen turns on. Then, scroll to the Restart Recovery option using the volume buttons, then select it using the Power button to restart in recovery.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the 46cf01d3e2ea.signed-yakju-IMM76I-from-IMM76D.46cf01d3.zip file on the sdcard and select it.
- Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install 46cf01d3e2ea.signed-yakju-IMM76I-from-IMM76D.46cf01d3.zip on the next screen. The update will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select go back and then select reboot system now to reboot your phone.
Your Galaxy Nexus has now been updated to the latest stock Android 4.0.4 firmware. Do let us know what you think of the update, in the comments below.