Samsung has released two identical device with the same model no. recently, albeit in different markets, perhaps to seize the popularity of the devices in respective countries. With the release of SM-G570 in India as Galaxy J5 Prime (where it has hired Shahid Kapoor as brand ambassador for the J series), and as On5 2016 (same model no.) in China, we think J series is more popular India, with On series famous in China.
Anyway, we have the firmwares available for SM-570 here, but be sure to properly match the model no. before downloading and installing. You can check the model on the device’s packaging box, as well as under the Settings > About device screen.
Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime Stock Firmware
Model no. SM-G570F (Europe & Asia)
- G570FXXU1API4 | Android 6.0.1 → TUR-G570FXXU1API4-20160921162910.zip
- G570FXXU1API6 | Android 6.0.1 → INS-G570FXXU1API6-20160920163950.zip
Model no. SM-G570M (Africa)
- G570MUBU1API8 | Android 6.0.1 → TTT-G570MUBU1API8-20160929143737.zip
Model no. SM-G570Y
- G570YDXU1APIC | Android 6.0.1 → XME-G570YDXU1APIC-20160929143517.zip
Samsung Galaxy On5 2016 Stock Firmware
Model no. SM-G5700 (China)
- Firmware not available at the moment.
How to Download and Install Firmware
Be sure to check your Galaxy J5 Prime or On5 2016’s model no. first. You can do so using an app called Droid Info, or simply check it on its packaging box, or under Settings > About.
Then download the firmware according to that model no. only to ensure compatibility. We have provided the downloads as per model no. so that it’s easy for you to identify the firmware for your device.
Next, install the firmware on your Galaxy J5 Prime or On5 2016 by following the guide linked right below.
You can use the firmware for variety of purposes, which includes:
- Fix your Galaxy J5 Prime or On5 2016 if it’s giving you force closes errors and restarts randomly.
- Unbrick your Galaxy J5 Prime or On5 2016 if it’s bootlooping and stuck at logo when restarting.
- Go Back to Stock on your Galaxy J5 Prime or On5 2016 — helps when looking to sell the device, or fix installing OTA updates if broken.
- Restore Galaxy J5 Prime or On5 2016 to factory state.
- Upgrade your Galaxy J5 Prime or On5 2016 to newer Android version.
- Downgrade your Galaxy J5 Prime or On5 2016 to lower build no. at same Android version.
- Unroot your Galaxy J5 Prime or On5 2016.
- Remove custom recovery like TWRP and CWM, if installed, on your Galaxy J5 Prime or On5 2016.
To perform any of the above, simply install the firmware meant for your device, as per its model no. in Settings, About device.
Need help? Let us know if you need any help regarding this via comments below.