New official firmware build numbers for the Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro, C9 Pro, C7 (2016), C5 (2016), and Note 5 have leaked online. It appears that these final builds are under testing and would be released soon. Some of these builds appear to be Android Nougat, while others are Marshmallow.
The build numbers ending with QA1 and QA2 are all Android 7.0 Nougat based. We can confirm that as the final Nougat build for the Galaxy S7 has been reported to be DQA1, which is under testing.
The leaked build numbers are as follows:
- Galaxy A5 2016 – A5100ZCU1BPL6 (Marshmallow)
- Galaxy A7 2016 – A7100ZCU1BPL6 (Marshmallow)
- Galaxy A9 Pro – A9100ZCU1AQA1 (Nougat)
- Galaxy C5 – C5000ZCU1AQA1 (Nougat)
- Galaxy C7 – C7000ZCU2AQA1 (Nougat)
- Galaxy C9 Pro – C9000ZCU1AQA2 (Nougat)
- Galaxy Note 5 – N9200ZCU3CQA1 (Nougat)
The PL6 builds could be security updates for the Galaxy A5 (2016) and A7 (2016), based on Marshmallow. This means that these devices will take longer to get the Android Nougat update. Recently, it was reported that the Galaxy S7 Nougat update will be released on January 17.
It is possible that these Nougat builds for the Galaxy A9 Pro and C9 Pro could be out by the end of this month. Or it could take longer, after all, Samsung promised us the Galaxy S7 Nougat update by 2016 and it’s 2017 now.