Fix Network Error Problem on S Voice App from Galaxy S3
A few days back, the voice recognition app S Voice from the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S3 was leaked online, which was usable on all devices. Touted to be Samsung’s answer to iOS’s Siri, many people wanted to try it out to see how it works, and they were granted their wish thanks to the app getting leaked.
But it seems Samsung has begun blocking devices from using S Voice, with many users getting a network/server error while trying to use it. However, the error has already been fixed thanks to a custom S Voice installation file, which gets rid of the error. So in case you’re getting errors while trying to use S Voice, the fix is just the thing for you.
Let’s take a look at how the fixed S Voice app can be installed on your Android device.
How to Install Fixed S Voice App
- Make sure your device is running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich as it will not work on previous Android versions.
- Also, uninstall the original S Voice app, running which gave you ‘network error’ if it’s still installed on your device
- Now, download the fixed S Voice APK file from here.
- Copy the svoice-signed.apk file downloaded in step 2 to your device.
- You’ll need a file manager to browse through SD Card. If you don’t have one already, use this file manager (install for free from your current Google Play Store/Android Market app).
- Enable “Unknown sources” under Settings » Security on the device, so that you can install applications from SD Card.
- Open file manager app and go to folder where you transferred the APK file in Step 3.
- Find and tap on the file to begin installation procedure and it will be installed in less than a minute. That’s it.
- You can now run S Voice from your installed applications list, and hopefully be able to use it without server errors.
- Let us know in comments if you get any error in installing it of if it force closes while using. Do mention your device name and android version.
The S Voice app will not trouble you anymore with network/server issues, so you can continue to use it to perform actions on the phone with your voice.