Gotta love those one-click tools that let you root or install recovery on an Android device with a few clicks of the mouse (yes, they aren’t exactly one-click) relieving you of the need to enter custom commands yourself. The Asus Eee Pad Transformer can now be rooted and a custom recovery can be flashed on it with the one-click tool PERI (Pretty Easy Recovery Installer) by XDA Senior Member Thing O Doom.
PERI is the first one-click tool for the Asus Transformer and, apart from rooting and installing recovery, PERI also lets you fix your Transformer tablet if it ever gets soft bricked or gets stuck in a bootloop. Quite a useful tool to have, wouldn’t you say?
NOTE: PERI is compatible only with model numbers TF101, SL101 and TF101G on Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 firmwares; all other devices are untested and should not be used with it.
Let’s take a look at how the PERI one-click tool can be used on the Asus Transformer 101.
How to Use PERI One-Click Tool on Asus Transformer
- Make sure your tablet’s model number is either TF101, SL101 or TF101G, in Settings » About tablet. Also, ensure your phone is running an Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 ROM.
- Download the latest version of the PERI tool package from the official development page.
- Extract the downloaded zip file to a convenient location on the computer.
- On the tablet, enable USB Debugging from Settings » Development. Then, connect the tablet to the computer.
- Open the folder where you extracted the tool’s files in step 3. Then, double-click on the EasyRecoveryV0.x.bat (where x is the latest version number) to start up PERI, then follow on-screen instructions to root, install recovery or to recover from bootloops on your tablet.
Do let us know how the PERI tool works for you, in the comments below.