Update (August 21, 2015): The OnePlus 2 Oxygen Os 2.0.1 update is available for download now, both as an OTA and Full ROM. See the link for more info.
Starting with India, the OnePlus 2 is set to receive its first OTA update today. The update is said to improve battery life and adds APNs for various global networks, but for the most part, its about fixing the Stagefright bug.
Earlier, OnePlus team had updated its OnePlus One to fix Stagefright bug, so it was about time its successor OnePlus 2 got one too. The update brings the software version to Oxygen OS 2.0.1.
If you are using a OnePlus 2 in India, you should be seeing an update notification pretty soon. If not, then try to force your OnePlus 2 for update. For this, go into Settings > About device, and then tap on the ‘check for update’ button under System update.
- Added a patch for the Stagefright security exploit
- Improves battery performance
- Improves user interface logic and coherence
- Fixed an issue with pinch-to-zoom in Google Photos
- Fixed an issue where Dark Mode would cause instability in certain apps
- Fixed an issue related to import/export of contacts stored on SIM card
- Additional support for global carrier APNs
- Other improvements and bug fixes
Those of your still patiently waiting for the OnePlus 2 Invite, well, the team has spoken a little about it, confirming that the invites are being distributed in the following order.
- Tier 1: Participants or winners of OnePlus events (WWYDFT2, pop-up events, etc.)
- Tier 2: Early supporters of the OnePlus One and active forum members
- Tier 3: Customers who have purchased the OnePlus One
- Tier 4: Reservation List
Do let us know how the first OTA update is treating you. DO you see any battery improvements OnePlus 2 team is promising?