You may want to Factory Reset (aka Hard Reset) your LG G2 in case you are looking to hand it over to someone else, or are simply selling it, and wanna remove all you apps, data, contacts, etc. from it.
Or, you have forgotten the password on the lock screen, and now are looking at the way to use your LG G2 again.
Or, it could be that you were doing some sort of little hacks (you know, root, recovery, boot animations, etc. stuff) and now the LG G2 isn’t booting up at all.
Or, maybe, some malware has made its way into your LG G2, causing all sorts of trouble, Or maybe some bad apps.
Either way, the Hard Reset should only help you.
Well, you can Hard Reset your LG G2, which will format it completely. BUT, YOU WILL LOSE all your apps, their data, contacts, call logs, bookmarks, etc. from the phone. If you sync contacts with Google, which you should always do, this might just save your day as regards contacts.
Here’s how to perform a Hard Reset on your LG G2, which is actually very simple.
→ By the way, this works on all LG G2 handsets around the world, whether that be international one, or at any carrier in USA or elsewhere. So, no problem as regards model no.
FACTORY RESET (aka HARD RESET) and FORMAT the LG G2
There are two ways to do it:
- Using Settings itself: If you can Power On your LG G2 and are able to use it, this is the easiest and best option.
- Using Hardware keys. We use combination of keys to enter special mode for the factory reset and do it from there. Works even when phone isn’t working. Volume keys and Power key mus not be damaged.
But be sure to back up important data first, as mentioned below.
MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP IMPORTANT DATA
Be sure to backup all important data, contacts, music and video files, other files and folders and everything important before doing a Factory Reset so that you aren’t left with regret just 5 mins later. Use our backup guide linked below.
1. Doing a Factory Reset using Settings (if phone IS working and you CAN use it)
Follow these simple steps to Hard Reset LG G2 from Settings.
- Go to Settings, and locate the option Backup and reset.
- Now, tap on Factory Data Reset.
- It will list all the details in very brief. Now, tap on the Reset device to start the Hard Reset on your LG G2.
That’s it. Before you finish your coffee, you LG G2 will be all formatted and will boot up as a new one, just like you first took it out of the box. Updates will remain, though, of course.
2. Doing a Factory Reset using Hardware Buttons (if phone IS NOT working and you CANNOT use it).
Follow these simple steps to enter recovery mode and Hard Reset your LG G2.
To perform a hard reset on LG G2, you need to do this:
- Disconnect your device from PC and then power off your device. Wait for 4-5 seconds after screen goes off.
- Press and hold Volume Down (first) and Power button together and then when you see the LG logo, then let go of Power button for a second and hold it back (don’t let go of Volume Down button).
- You’ll see a screen with FACTORY HARD RESET written at top.
- Press the Power button to confirm the Hard Reset and format the device. (To cancel the Factory Reset, press any of the two Volume buttons.)
- It will ask again, press Volume Up again. That’s it. Device will be wiped off, all data will be deleted and your LG device will reboot automatically for you to setup again.
Done. That’s all.
It was easy, no?