Tip For Enabling Auto Brightness On Xperia Arc
Are you displeased with Sony Ericsson for not providing auto brightness control on Xperia Arc? Well there’s a weird workaround for that. Follow the instructions below:
Add the ‘Power Control’ widget to your home screen, and use it to set the brightness level to medium level. It will enable auto brightness.
- Go to your phone’s home screen using the home key,
- Press & hold on any empty space on a screen having enough free space for a ‘1×4’ widget,
- Select Widgets in pop-up menu,
- Scroll down a little and select ‘Power Control’ widget,
- Now a transparent widget will be added to your screen having five toggles under it.
- The last toggle button is for controlling brightness. Set it to medium level.
- It has three levels — Low, Medium (Auto brightness works with this one) and Full brightness.
- So tap it a few times to figure out which is the medium level, and then set it to it.
I’ve tested all the three levels of brightness but only the Medium level worked for me. Hope it works for you guys too.
It might work on Xperia Play, Neo & Pro too.