Enable Auto Brightness Mode on Xperia S [App]
The Sony Xperia S comes with auto brightness for the screen disabled by default, and does not have any option in the phone settings to enable it. This is contrary to some earlier Xperia phones where auto brightness was always on without the option to disable it and could only be disabled by a hack/root access. Generally, the Xperia S would need root access to enable auto brightness, but there’s a method that doesn’t require you to root your Xperia S in order to enable auto brightness.
Read on to find out how you can enable auto brightness on your Sony Xperia S.
How to Enable Auto Brightness on Xperia S
- Download and install the Spare Parts app from the Play Store (Android Market) on your phone.
- Open the Spare Parts app, then scroll down to the Brightness mode option and select Automatic.
- Close Spare Parts, and reboot your phone.
- Now, download and install the app Notification Toggle from the Play Store. You can use any other app that allows you choose brightness modes, but we’ll be using Notification Toggle for this guide.
- After installing Notification Toggle, go to Settings » Accessibility on the phone, and enable/turn on Notification Toggle from there.
- Now open the Notification Toggle app from your apps menu. Press the arrow button to continue.
- Click on 1st Notification, then select/tick Brightness Dialog, then press the Back button on your phone.
- Drag down the status bar on the phone, and click on the bulb icon, then tick Automatic mode, then press close.
- That’s it. Automatic brightness is now enabled on your Xperia S.
Automatic brightness should now be working on your Xperia S, and can be disabled by un-ticking the automatic mode option in Notification Toggle. Do let us know how it works out for you, in the comments below.