EggyEnergy Caffeine ROM is an AOKP based ROM for the HTC Sensation, which brings the usual performance improvements and customization options as found in all other AOKP ROMs, along with Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0. Though similar to other AOKP ROMs at this point, the developer promises to add extra mods and features as time goes by.
The ROM is a work in progress and under development and hence not complete right now, so expect bugs and issues and some things to not work properly. Let’s get on with the installation procedure of the ROM without waiting any further.
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the HTC Sensation. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to your device, including a bricked, non-functional device, we won’t be held liable.
Developer → eggyenergy
Known Issues/Not Working:
- Wi-Fi Tether
- Rooted/S-off HTC Sensation with Clockworkmod Recovery installed.
- Sufficiently charged battery, at least 50% is recommended.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
How to Install EggyEnergy Caffeine ROM on HTC Sensation
- Download the latest version of the ROM from the official development page.
- Transfer the downloaded zip file to the root of the SD card on your HTC Sensation (i.e don’t put it inside any folder).
- Turn off the phone, then boot into Clockworkmod recovery by simultaneously pressing and holding the Volume down button and the Power button. From the resulting HBOOT menu, press Volume down to select the Recovery option and press the Power button to activate it. In recovery, use Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select.
- [Optional] Perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this rom. To perform a backup, select backup and restore –> On the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Perform a wipe:
- Select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm. Wait a while till the data wipe is complete.
- Select wipe cache then select Yes on next screen to confirm.
- Select advanced, and then select wipe dalvik cache » Yes – wipe dalvik. Then go back to the main recovery menu.
- Now select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the ROM file on the sdcard and select it.Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install ______.zip on the next screen. The ROM will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select go back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
How to Get Network Working
On every boot, you will need to do the procedure given below to get a network connection on the phone (as quoted by the developer).
Set up network, go to settings>wireless & networks>network operators and then letting it search it actually failed the first time then press select automatically a few times and then it finally registered, wait a moment and it works, must do this on every boot to get your network working.
EggyEnergy Caffeine AOKP ROM based on Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 is now up and running on your HTC Sensation. Visit the original development page for more info and to get the latest updates on the ROM. Share your thoughts on the ROM in the comments.