Easy SuperCID for AT&T One X, Also Unlocks Bootloader in the Same Breath!
AT&T stuck a massive blow to the development community when they announced that the AT&T One X won’t be a part of the bootloader unlock program of HTC’s. Without unlocking the bootloader, it’s nigh impossible to flash custom ROMs or make other such modifications to the device. But the development community didn’t sit and watch, and an unofficial method to unlock the bootloader was released just two weeks after the AT&T One X launched.
However, that method was quite complex and probably put off many users from actually using it. Well, say thanks to XDA Recognized Developer DesignGears, who has come up with the OneClick SuperCID tool for achieving SuperCID access on the AT&T One X, which also unlocks the bootloader along with it, without needing any fancy steps in order to do it. SuperCID access means you can flash any ROM or firmware on the device regardless of the carrier, which coupled with an unlocked bootloader will let you flash all the custom ROMs and modifications that your heart desires.
Let’s take a look at how the OneClick SuperCID tool can be used on the AT&T One X. Keep in mind that this will VOID your warranty.
This guide is compatible only and only with the AT&T One X. It’s not compatible with any other device and may render an incompatible device unusable. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Use OneClick SuperCID Tool on AT&T One X
- First and foremost, root your AT&T One X by following the guide → here. If you’ve already rooted your device, skip this step.
- Download the OneClick SuperCID tool from the official development page.
- Extract the downloaded OneClick SuperCID tool’s .zip file to a convenient location on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging on your AT&T One X from Settings » Developer Options. Make sure the USB debugging option is checked.
- Connect the phone to the computer.
- Now, open the folder where you extracted the SuperCID tool, then double-click on the Spoof-CID.bat file to start the SuperCID and bootloader unlock process.
- Once the procedure is complete, the phone will reboot (it might also reboot during the procedure which is normal).
Congratulations, your AT&T One X has been granted SuperCID access and the bootloader has been unlocked. Now you can go wild with all the custom ROMs and modifications flashing that we all have come to love about Android. Let us know how it works for you, in the comments below.