Easy Guide to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Verizon Galaxy S3
ClockworkMod recovery has been released for the Verizon Galaxy S3, just a little while after the device was rooted. XDA Senior Member invisiblek has managed to find out a way to flash ClockworkMod recovery, and the guide below will walk you through the steps required to flash it on your Verizon Galaxy S3, so you can flash all the custom ROMs that your heart desires.
Read on to find out how you can flash ClockworkMod recovery on your Verizon Galaxy S3.
This hack and the guide below are compatible only and only with the Verizon Galaxy S3, model number SCH-i535. It’s not compatible with other US variants or other devices. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Verizon Galaxy S3
- Root your phone by following the guide → here.
- Download the ClockworkMod recovery image.
Download Link | Filename: recovery.img
- Copy the recovery.img to the internal SD card on your phone. Copy it directly to SD card, do not put it in any folder inside the SD card.
- Install the Terminal Emulator app from the Play Store on your phone.
- Run Terminal Emulator on your phone from your apps menu.
- In Terminal Emulator, type “su” (without the ” quotes), then hit enter. Then, press the Allow/Grant button to grant root access to Terminal Emulator when prompted to do so.
- Then, type the following command in Terminal Emulator to flash ClockworkMod recovery:
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18
- The above command will flash the recovery on your phone. Then, to try out recovery, you can run the following command in Terminal Emulator to reboot into recovery:
ClockworkMod recovery is now installed on your Verizon Galaxy S3, and you can flash any custom ROMs and modifications from it when needed. Let us know how it works for you, in the comments below.