- 1.ROOT PACKAGE INFO
- 2. WARNING!
- 3. GUIDE: UNLOCK AND ROOT SAMSUNG INFUSE 4G
ROOT PACKAGE INFO
|Name||Infuse Root Unlock Tool|
|Stability||Stable without any issues.|
|Root Manager App||SuperUser. It manages root permissions for apps on the device.|
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
GUIDE: UNLOCK AND ROOT SAMSUNG INFUSE 4G
Before you begin with the instructions below, make sure your android device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
STEP 0: CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
To make sure your device is eligible with this, you must first confirm its model no. in ‘About device’ option under Settings. Another way to confirm model no. is by looking for it on the packaging box of your device. It must be SGH-I997!
Please know that this page is meant only for Samsung Infuse 4G. Please DO NOT try the procedures given here on any other device of Samsung or any other company. You have been Warned!
STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and stuff before you start playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and in rare case, files on the internal memory, too.
For help on Backup and Restore, check out our exclusive page on that linked right below.
STEP 2: INSTALL LATEST DRIVER
You must have proper and working driver installed on your windows computer to be able to successfully root your Samsung Infuse 4G.
In case you’re not sure, follow the link below for a definitive guide for installing driver for your Samsung device on your computer.
STEP 3: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Download the Infuse Root Unlock Tool given below and transfer it to a separate folder on your computer (just to keep things tidy, that is).
INFUSE ROOT UNLOCK TOOL
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: InfuseRootUnlock_v4.zip (1.58 MB)
For latest version of this tool, check the original page →
Important Note: Backup important files stored on internal SD card of your device, so that in case a situation arises requiring you to do a factory reset after using the Infuse Root Unlock Tool, which might delete internal sd card too, your files will remain safe on PC.
- Extract/Unzip the root package, InfuseRootUnlock_v4.zip on your computer (using 7-zip free software, preferably). You’ll get the following folder and files:
- Darwin (folder)
- Linux (folder)
- Windows (folder)
- Turn on USB Debugging on your Samsung Infuse 4G
- Enable developer options: Go to your device’ Settings » select About device » Scroll to the bottom and tap on “Build number” seven times to enable developer options.
- Enable USB Debugging: Open device’ Settings » select Developer options » Tick the “USB debugging” checkbox. (under Debugging section)
- Connect your Samsung Infuse 4G to computer with a USB cable and if a pop-up screen shows up on Phone asking you to Allow USB debugging for the computer, make sure to tick the checkbox and tap OK.
- If you wish to only unlock your phone, double-click the unlock.bat file to open a command window which initiates the unlocking process. The command window will something like the screenshot below:
- Now the command window will wait for the device to show up.
If the device is not detected for a longer time, here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure you have installed driver for Samsung Infuse 4G as said above in ‘Before you begin..’ section.
- If you have already installed driver, then uninstall them and reinstall back.
- Connect using a different USB port on your PC.
- Try a different USB cable. The original cable that came with your phone should work best, if not, try any other cable that’s new and of good quality.
- Reboot your phone and PC and then try again.
- Now Follow the On-screen instructions to unlock your device.
- To Unlock and Root your phone, double-click the root.bat file to open a command window which initiates the unlocking and rooting process.
- Now Follow the On-screen instructions to unlock and root your device at one click.
That’s all your phone is now rooted and Unlocked. If you need help regarding this, feel free to ask us in comments below.
It was easy to Unlock and Root your Samsung Infuse 4G with Infuse Root Unlock Tool, right? Let us know how you plan to use root privileges on your Samsung Infuse 4G.
Your suggestions and queries, if any, are most welcomed!